Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 3 - Unbelievable Views!

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 3 - Unbelievable Views!

Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 3 - Unbelievable Views! - A Review (and a Confession)

Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your typical, sterile hotel review. This is a dive into the real deal: my experience at Subangan Homestay 3 in Siargao, the so-called "Hidden Gem" with "Unbelievable Views." And let me tell you, after spending a week there, I'm still processing it all. Prepare for a rollercoaster, 'cause this place… well, it's got character.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, but Mostly Okay (for Me, Anyway)

Listen, I'm not exactly rocking a gold-plated mobility scooter, but I did notice things. The website's not explicit about wheelchair accessibility, which is a bummer. If you require it, call ahead. The climb to the main building? Not gonna lie, it's a little steep. But once you're up there, the views… OOF. More on that later. There's an elevator, though, bless its little heart. Didn't use it personally, but the fact it exists is a plus.

Internet: Wi-Fi? Yeah, But…

Okay, let's talk internet. This is crucial, right? I mean, we're all glued to our screens. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" the website boasts. And, technically, it's true. Sometimes. The signal was… spotty. Think of it as a mischievous gremlin that occasionally decides to play hide-and-seek with your connection. There's also LAN, but who's packing a cable in 2024? Just be prepared for the occasional digital blackout. It might even be a blessing in disguise, forcing you to, you know, actually look at the ocean. (I'm still wrestling with that concept.)

Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying Hard (and I Appreciate It!)

This is where Subangan really shines. They’re clearly putting in the effort. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff wearing masks. They’re using “anti-viral cleaning products,” which sounds official and reassuring. Rooms were sanitized between stays, which is a big comfort. I even saw them disinfecting common areas daily. Now, whether they caught everything is another story. But hey, they’re trying, and I appreciated the diligence. Rooms themselves were well-maintained, but not sterile. It's a "lived-in" kind of clean, which is how I like it.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Hiccups)

Alright, the food. This is where the experience got, shall we say, interesting. There's a restaurant with “international cuisine” (mostly Filipino with a Western twist), and honestly, some of it was fantastic! The sinigang (sour soup) was a revelation, and the adobochef's kiss! The Asian breakfast was a solid way to start the day. However, there were times when the service was… relaxed. Ordering a coffee could take a while, and sometimes, the “happy hour” felt more like a “maybe-eventually-we'll-get-around-to-this” hour . But honestly, the view from the restaurant made it worthwhile. Eating while watching the surfers ride the waves – pure bliss. The poolside bar was convenient, and there's a coffee shop if you need a caffeine fix. They also offer room service 24/7, which is a lifesaver after a long day of surfing. Now I was staying for seven days, the buffet for breakfast was getting a little repetitive, so I went a la carte sometimes.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: More Than Just Sunsets (But Those are the Best!)

The views! Oh, the views. Seriously, the main selling point. The "Unbelievable Views" aren't just a tagline; they're the truth. The pool with a view is amazing, and the sunsets? Forget about it. Prepare to be speechless. Otherwise, they have a spa with massage. I opted for a massage one afternoon, and it was heavenly. I do not know the exact name of the massage, but after an hour, I was able to move on the next day, and I am thankful for the staff. There is also a mini gym, but honestly, I was mostly just content with watching the waves and reading. They have a sauna, if that's your kind of thing, and a steamroom; I was too busy with the views.

Services and Conveniences: A Bit of Everything (and a Few Charming Quirks)

The staff were genuinely lovely. Always smiling, always helpful. Concierge service? Check. Luggage storage? Check. Daily housekeeping meant our room was always tidy, which was a blessing. There's a gift shop – good for picking up some last-minute souvenirs. They offer laundry service (lifesaver, especially after surfing). The front desk is 24-hour, so there's always someone around if you need anything. Now, the "convenience store" was more of a "small selection of snacks and essentials," but hey, it’s better than nothing. And the "invoice provided" made expense reports easy, lol.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly (But Probably Not for the Fussy…)

This place is relatively kid-friendly. But be warned, with the terrain, the outdoor pool, and the lack of specifically designed kids' facilities (like a playground), it might not be the best choice if you're traveling with super active little ones. They do offer babysitting, which is a plus.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (But Embrace the Island Vibe)

Airport transfer is available, which is a must (the road to the hotel can be a bit… bumpy). They have car park on site. Car park is free of charge. If you wanna go surfing, they will offer you a taxi service.

Available in All Rooms: The Essentials (and Some Welcome Surprises)

My room was comfortable, with air conditioning, a fridge… all the basics. But the best part? The blackout curtains (essential for those sunrise swims!). The bathroom was clean, and they provided bathrobes and slippers. Water was free and available, which is much appreciated. And the internet access - wireless was available, but as I mentioned, be prepared for it.

Now, the Confession (and the Emotional Reaction!):

Look, I went to Siargao seeking escape. I wanted to trade my desk for a surfboard and my to-do list for sunsets. And Subangan Homestay 3 delivered, in spades. There were moments of frustration (the internet!), there were moments of sheer, unadulterated bliss (the views!).

This is where it gets messy!

I think I only managed to catch 1-2 sunsets in my camera, I forgot to film it, but I witnessed every one, and let me tell you, just imagine seeing the sun dip below the horizon, painting the sky in fiery hues, and reflecting off the ocean's surface. It was awe-inspiring. One afternoon, I witnessed a couple getting engaged on the rooftop terrace. They were so in love and it was beautiful.

I came to Subangan expecting just a place to sleep, but I also found a haven, a place to truly disconnect and unwind.

The Verdict (and the Offer!):

Subangan Homestay 3 isn’t perfect. But its flaws are part of its charm. It's not a five-star resort, but it has a character that’s hard to beat. Is it luxurious? No. Is it unforgettable? Absolutely.

My target audience should be anyone who is looking for a place to unwind and forget about the world, and looking for a place to start the vacation.

Here's the Pitch (and the Booking Offer!):

ARE YOU TIRED OF THE SAME OLD? NEED AN ESCAPE?

BOOK NOW at Subangan Homestay 3 - Unbelievable Views!

Why You Should Book NOW:

  • Unforgettable sunsets: Prepare to have your breath taken away. This view is worth the price of admission alone!
  • Cozy comfort: Rooms are simple, comfy and equipped with all you need to relax.
  • Genuine welcome: Staff is ready to provide you with services and assist you!

Special Offer:

  • Book by [insert a reasonable deadline] and receive a [discount of the trip!].
  • Free welcome drink upon arrival.

Click here to book your Siargao adventure!

[Link to Booking Website]

This isn’t just a hotel; it's an experience. Come for the views, stay for the memories. And hey, if the internet acts up, consider it a sign to go surfing. You won't regret it.

Escape to Paradise: Villa Belvedere's Como Lake Magic

Book Now

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-filtered travel guide. This is the real freakin' deal. My brain is still half-sand-and-sunscreen-soaked from my Siargao adventure, specifically at the Subangan Homestay. And let me tell you, it was a ride.

Siargao: Subangan Homestay - The Messy, Wonderful Truth (aka My Brain Dump)

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Sand Addiction

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Landed in Sayak Airport. The air punched me in the face with humid, tropical bliss. First thought: "I need a beer. And to not look like a total tourist… too late." Getting through the chaos that is Philippine airport arrivals is an Olympic sport. You’ve got your tricycle drivers yelling, the baggage claim looking like a scene from a zombie movie, and the sheer humidity threatening to dissolve your very essence. But hey, I survived!
  • 7:30 AM: Tricycle ride to Subangan. (Pro-tip: agree on a price before you get in. I learned this the hard way… and ended up getting slightly ripped off. Whatever, the view made up for it). The road was bumpy, the scenery breathtaking, and the driver was blasting OPM (Original Pilipino Music), which, by the end of the trip, I was genuinely digging.
  • 8:30 AM: Arrived at Subangan Homestay. Okay, immediately fell in love. This place isn't fancy, but it drips with charm. Bamboo huts, hammocks swaying in the breeze, the sound of waves… pure, unadulterated paradise. My room? Simple, clean, perfect. And the view from the porch? Forget about it. Instant sand addiction set in.
  • 9:00 AM: Checked in. Met Ate (Filipino for older sister) Rose, the owner, and her family. Instant warmth. Instant "Welcome home" vibes. Ate Rose is the queen of hospitality. She made me feel like part of the family in, like, five minutes.
  • 9:30 AM: Strolled down to the beach. My mission: to get absolutely, utterly, ridiculously sandy. Success.
  • 11:00 AM: Ate Rose's breakfast. Adobo. (Filipino dish with marinated pork or chicken, cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and peppercorns). It was the best thing I'd eaten, ever. I swear, I could have licked the plate clean.
  • 12:00 PM: Nap. Essential. This is officially the "siesta" phase of the trip.
  • 2:00 PM: Explored the nearby beach. More sand, more sun, complete and utter bliss. I felt… weightless. Like I could stay there forever. (Insert dramatic sigh here.)
  • 6:00 PM: Sunset beers on the beach. The sky exploded with colors. Pink, orange, purple… I'm pretty sure the clouds were intentionally showing off. Chatted with some fellow travelers, feeling a camaraderie that could only come from sharing a breathtaking moment. Shared the last of Ate Rose's beers with a total stranger on the beach. What a night.

Day 2: Surfing (Attempted) & Cloud 9 Disaster (Kind Of) & Absolute Stunned Joy

  • 6:00 AM: Woke up, ridiculously early, thanks to the sunrise and the rooster. Coffee on the porch, watching the waves. Already, day two, and the place is starting to feel like home.
  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast: Pancakes with fresh fruit. Ate Rose’s magic touch, again.
  • 8:00 AM: Headed to Cloud 9 to rent a board and take a lesson. Everyone says to go to Cloud 9, so I figured… it’s the thing to do.
  • 8:30 AM: Cloud 9, the world-famous surfing spot. Okay, the waves are intimidating. I am not an athlete. I'm more of a "sit on the couch and watch Netflix" kind of person. But hey, adventure!
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Surfing lesson. First attempt at standing! I'm not going to lie, it was HARD. I spent most of the time swallowing seawater, wiping out, and feeling like a beached whale. My instructor, bless his heart, was incredibly patient. Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, I stood up… for about two seconds. Victory!
  • 11:00 AM: Exhausted, but ecstatic. I had to sit and take a minute to reflect.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a nearby warung (small local eatery). The food was cheap, delicious, and utterly authentic. I ordered fish… and it was so delicious, I almost cried.
  • 1:00 PM: Visited the famous Cloud 9 boardwalk. The views are spectacular, even though it's crowded with other tourists.
  • 2:00 PM: Nap time. I was wiped from surfing and sun exposure.
  • 4:00 PM: Explored some secret beaches nearby, a local told me about. The waves were calm. The beach was deserted, and the sun was setting. The joy of being there was so overwhelming.
  • 6:00 PM: Ate dinner with Ate Rose and her family. We ate fresh fish, rice, and vegetables, and talked. Ate Rose told me about her childhood, about the island, about the struggles and the joys. I learned and lived more in that one evening than I usually do in a month.
  • 7:00 PM: Drinks on the porch with the sunset. I felt so grateful.

Day 3: Island Hopping & An Unexpected Revelation

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Pancakes is a regular thing. Gotta get used to it.
  • 9:00 AM: Island Hopping! We set out with a local boatman and a few other people from the homestay.
  • 10:00 AM: Daku Island: White sand, turquoise water, pure postcard perfection. Took a million pictures.
  • 12:00 PM: Naked Island: A sandbar in the middle of the ocean. It was literally just sand. And water. And me. Kind of surreal. Took a quick swim; felt great!
  • 1:00 PM: Guyam Island: A tiny island covered in palm trees. Walked around, took more pictures.
  • 3:00 PM: Lunch on Daku Island. Grilled fish, rice, fresh fruit. Ate until I could barely move.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to Subangan. Collapsed onto my hammock.
  • 5:00 PM: I wanted to reflect. I realized my biggest takeaway was the genuine warmth and kindness of the people. This trip wasn't just about the beaches; it was about connecting with people on a human level.
  • 7:00 PM: Ate dinner. Ate the food. The deliciousness. The people.

Day 4: Departure & The Bitter Goodbye

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. Ate Rose hugged me like I was family. Made sure I ate the whole breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM: Last walk on the beach. Took one last breath of that salty, beautiful air.
  • 9:00 AM: Saying goodbye to Ate Rose and her family. I shed a tear. I legitimately did.
  • 10:00 AM: Tricycle back to the airport. Back to the "real world," which felt a million miles away.
  • 11:00 AM: Departure.

Quirky Observations/Messy Thoughts:

  • The mosquitoes in Siargao are vampires. Seriously. Bring bug spray. And maybe a net.
  • "Island time" is real. Embrace it. You'll be late for things. Everything will be a little bit slower. And it's perfect.
  • The sunsets are genuinely magic. I didn't even like sunsets before this trip. Now, I'm obsessed.
  • The local food is insanely cheap and delicious. Eat everything. Especially the adobo.
  • Don't be afraid to talk to the locals. They are amazing!

Emotional Reactions:

  • Joy: Overwhelmed. Constant. The beauty is breathtaking.
  • Frustration: Sometimes, things didn't go to plan (like the surfing). But you know what? It didn't matter.
  • Sadness: Leaving. Leaving Subangan felt like leaving a loved one.

Opinionated Language:

  • Subangan Homestay? Best. Place. Ever. (Okay, maybe I'm biased, but still!)
  • Cloud 9: Worth it for the experience, even if you're a terrible surfer. (Like me!)
  • Siargao: Go. Just go. You won't regret it.

Final Thoughts:

This trip was messy, imperfect, and utterly incredible. It was a reminder to slow down, appreciate the

Montpellier's Hidden Gem: Mercure Antigone Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Siargao's Subangan Homestay 3: The Unfiltered FAQs (Because Let's Be Real)

So, is Subangan Homestay 3 *actually* a hidden gem? Or just… another place?

Okay, deep breath. Hidden gem? Hrmm. Depends on your definition of "hidden," I reckon. It's not exactly on the main drag, thank goodness. More like… cleverly tucked away. And the 'gem' part? Yeah, I'd say so. Especially if you value breathtaking sunrises that'll make you weep (in a good way). I remember one morning, I was sprawled on the balcony, still half-asleep, clutching lukewarm coffee, and BAM. The sky exploded with orange and pink. I legit forgot to breathe. Then, a rogue mosquito found its way onto my cheek, and the spell was *slightly* broken. But still… gem. Definitely gem.

Let's talk about the views. Seriously, are they as mind-blowing as the pictures suggest?

Alright, the views. Buckle up, buttercup. The pictures? Yeah, they're good. But the live show? Even BETTER. I mean, I'm not even a sunrise person, normally. I love my sleep. But at Subangan 3… you *have* to haul yourself out of bed. Imagine waking up and seeing miles and miles of untouched beauty. The ocean is this insane turquoise… and the rice fields, a vibrant green. Look, I’m not going to lie… the first time I saw it, I just stood there, mouth agape, looking like a complete idiot. My phone battery died from too many photos. It was embarrassing but also… glorious. Worth the lost sleep. Worth the mosquito bites. Worth it all.

What's the vibe like? Relaxed? Party Central? Give me the lowdown.

Relaxed. *Extremely* relaxed. Think "Hammock-and-book-for-days" kind of relaxed. Maybe a small group of friends quietly laughing over beers as the sun sets kind of relaxed. This isn't the place for all-night ragers. There are far more energetic places if that's the vibe you're after, but if you are seeking peace and quiet... oh boy, are you in for a treat. The main sound is probably the gentle rustling of palm trees, maybe the occasional rooster crow (bless their little hearts), and the splash of waves. I remember one night, I was trying to read, and I swear, the only thing louder than the crickets was my own internal monologue about how truly *peaceful* it was. It's a good place to recharge after a day of surfing (or failing miserably at surfing, like I did).

The rooms… are they… clean? Comfortable? Tell me the truth!

Okay, let's be real here. Comfort is a spectrum on Siargao, alright? You're not getting a five-star hotel. You're getting *character*. The rooms are… cleanish. Let’s put it that way. They're certainly habitable. Expect a bit of island charm – maybe a gecko or two on the ceiling (they're harmless, mostly). The beds are comfortable enough. The mosquito nets are crucial – LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. I spent my first night swatting away those little devils. But hey, you're not there to spend all your time in the room, are you? You're there for… well, everything else. And the view from your *window*? That makes up for *anything*.

Food! Is there food available? And if so, is it any good?

Yes! Thank the heavens, YES! There's usually a small menu of delicious, home-cooked meals. Fresh seafood, of course. Loads of rice (because, Philippines). And the breakfasts... the breakfasts are something else. Pancakes, fresh fruit, strong coffee. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Don't expect Michelin-star quality, but expect hearty, home-style cooking. And the best part? You can practically roll out of bed, onto the balcony, and straight into breakfast. It's glorious. The only minor issue is that sometimes, the 'availability' of certain ingredients can be a bit… flexible. My advice? Embrace the spontaneity! Just be prepared, if they are out of something, go with the flow.

Okay, so, what's the deal with getting around? Is it easy to get from Subangan 3 to… anywhere?

Transportation… ah, the wonderful world of island logistics. You'll probably rely on motorbike taxis (habal-habal) or tricycles. It's a bit of a ride to the main tourist spots, Cloud 9 and General Luna. So, factor in travel time. The roads aren't exactly highways – you’ll be bounced around a bit. But that’s part of the adventure, right? Just be prepared for some dusty roads and a little bit of… let's call it "rustic" transport. And make sure you negotiate the price *before* you hop on! Trust me on this one. I got ripped off pretty badly once. Live and learn!

My biggest fear is [Insert Random Annoyance Like: "Mosquitoes," "Poor WiFi," "Loud Roosters"]. How bad is it?

Alright. Let's be honest, there's no paradise without a few… inconveniences. * **Mosquitoes:** They exist. Bring repellent. They're particularly active at dusk. Sleep under the net. Seriously. * **WiFi:** Forget about it. Or, embrace digital detox, which, frankly, is more beneficial. You might be able to snag a connection but don't make it your main source of communication. * **Loud Roosters:** They crow. They crow early. They crow often. If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Otherwise, try to see it as part of the local charm, as I did, though there were times... * **Power Outages:** Yes, they can happen. Get used to the idea of a slower pace. Charge your devices when you can. Embrace the candles. * **The Occasional Bug:** You're in the tropics. Things crawl. They fly. They buzz. They're generally harmless. Mostly. * **And Most Importantly: The Island Time.** Everything moves at its own pace. Don’t expect things to happen *fast*. Embrace the chill.

So, should *I* stay at Subangan Homestay 3? Be honest!

Okay, this is the million-dollar question. Here's the deal: If you're after luxury, constant entertainment, and perfect connectivity, then *no*. GoEscape To Inns

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan homestay 3 Siargao Island Philippines