
Luxury Unveiled: Ritan Hotel's Downtown Beijing Oasis
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Beijing behemoth that is the Ritan Hotel. Or, as they call it, their "Downtown Beijing Oasis." Oasis, huh? Let's see if this concrete jungle actually delivers the goods. This ain't your typical, sterile hotel review, folks. I'm going for the messy, real, and brutally honest take. You want the truth? You got it. Let’s get this (hotel) party started!
First Impressions & the Accessibility Tango:
Okay, so first up, Accessibility: This is HUGE for me, because, well, life throws curveballs. I’m happy to report they seem to mostly have their act together. Wheelchair accessible? Check. Elevators? Yep. Details are in the details, but I was told there was wheelchair access to most areas. However, and here's the rub, those "facilities for disabled guests" better actually be functional, not just a box checked on a list. I didn't have my own equipment there to test it to it's full potential. So that is still an unknown. Airport transfer is available, which is a lifesaver after a transatlantic flight (and also helps out with an accessible transportation option!), and Car park [on-site] is a definite plus, if you're driving (or getting dropped off). The exterior is relatively easy to navigate, and the entrance felt wide and welcoming (important for those with mobility issues).
The Room: My Personal Fortress of Solitude (and Tech Woes) The Air conditioning was a GODSEND. Beijing summers are brutal. And the Air conditioning in public area felt like a small victory, too.
Available in all rooms:
- Additional toilet – (Bonus!)
- Air conditioning – (Yes, thank heavens! It's Beijing!)
- Alarm clock – (Old school! I had to set it up)
- Bathrobes – (Fluffy and ready for me to mess up)
- Bathroom phone – (Useful I suppose)
- Bathtub – (Nice for a relaxing soak!)
- Blackout curtains – (Essential for beating jet lag and the city’s light pollution)
- Carpeting – (Comfortable… until you spill something)
- Closet – (My kingdom for a good closet to unpack)
- Coffee/tea maker – (A necessity for any hotel, I was happy)
- Complimentary tea – (Nice touch!)
- Daily housekeeping – (Kept things tidy, even my mess)
- Desk – (Perfect for ignoring emails and staring out the window)
- Extra long bed – (Enough space to sprawl!)
- Free bottled water – (Gotta stay hydrated in this city!)
- Hair dryer – (Saved me from looking like a drowned rat!)
- High floor – (Amazing views of the city!)
- In-room safe box – (For those totally important documents)
- Interconnecting room(s) available – (Useful for families or groups)
- Internet access – LAN – (Yay! I needed that for work, great.)
- Internet access – wireless – (Double yay! So I could work on the sofa too)
- Ironing facilities – (Wrinkled travel clothes? NO problem anymore!)
- Laptop workspace – (More work, yay. Okay, maybe a little less yay)
- Linens – (Clean and crisp… and a good place to hide from the world for a while.)
- Mini bar – (Expensive chocolate. Resisted!)
- Mirror – (Needed for checking on the chocolate I didn’t eat)
- Non-smoking – (Clean air!)
- On-demand movies – (Perfect for when the jet lag hits)
- Private bathroom – (Luxury! I was grateful)
- Reading light – (I'm glad for the reading light)
- Refrigerator – (Kept my water cold!)
- Safety/security feature – (Thankful for it.)
- Satellite/cable channels – (For all the TV I should be watching while I am here)
- Scale – (Scary scale, I hid from it!)
- Seating area – (Nice place to relax.)
- Separate shower/bathtub – (Luxury!)
- Shower – (Good water pressure, hot water, nice)
- Slippers – (Comfy!)
- Smoke detector – (Always a must!)
- Socket near the bed – (SO. IMPORTANT!)
- Sofa – (Great for sinking into after a long day)
- Soundproofing – (Needed for the city noise)
- Telephone – (Use it for something?)
- Toiletries – (Good smell!)
- Towels – (Clean!)
- Umbrella – (Rainy season is a thing.)
- Visual alarm – (Good for safety!)
- Wake-up service – (I set my own alarms anyway!)
- Wi-Fi [free] – (Hallelujah!)
- Window that opens – (Fresh air!)
Let me tell you… the Wi-Fi [free] situation was a bit of a rollercoaster. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms, they promised. And at times, it was glorious. Fast, reliable, allowing me to livestream cat videos at 3 AM. But other times… crickets. Maybe the great firewall of China was in a particularly grumpy mood. I spent far too much time wrestling with the connection. This is 2024, people! WE NEED INTERNET! It's vital! The Internet access – LAN was much more reliable. So, bring your ethernet cable if you’re a serious internet user.
The Spa & Relaxation: A Deep Dive (Literally…and Maybe Figuratively)
Okay, let's get to the good stuff. The Ritan boasts a serious Spa/sauna setup. And lemme tell you, after a day of navigating the crowded subway and dodging scooters, a Sauna is a religious experience. Purifying, cleansing… almost spiritual. Then there's the Swimming pool and Swimming pool [outdoor]– I mean, how can any hotel not have a pool at this point? The outdoor pool had a Pool with a view, which was pretty impressive. They had it all!
But here's the deep dive experience: I booked the "Signature Massage" or whatever it was called. And for two hours I was transported to another world. The massage felt like a warm hug. This was the kind of massage that just melts away the stress. They had Foot bath and a Body scrub, which were amazing. The therapist was skillful, intuitive… and I might have drifted off to sleep a few times. It was wonderful.
The Food Scene: A Culinary Adventure (with a few hiccups!)
Okay, food. This is where things got… interesting. The Ritan has a dizzying array of options. Restaurants everywhere! From Asian cuisine in restaurant, to International cuisine in restaurant, to a Vegetarian restaurant! They even have a Poolside bar (essential!), Snack bar, and Coffee shop. The Breakfast [buffet] was solid, with a good mix of Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, plus the usual suspects.. The coffee was… well, it was coffee. But the Breakfast takeaway service was handy for those early morning escapes.
The a la carte options were a little more inconsistent. I got some amazing noodles at a noodle restaurant, but the steak at the "upscale" steakhouse was a bit…chewy. On the other hand, the Desserts in restaurant were amazing. So delicious! The Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver for late-night cravings, but the delivery times varied wildly.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Necessary Reality Check
Post-pandemic, you want to know they are taking things seriously. And the Ritan seems to be. They advertise Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hot water linen and laundry washing, and Rooms sanitized between stays. There was Hand sanitizer everywhere (a welcome sight), and staff were consistently taking precautions. The Staff trained in safety protocol was a positive.
The "Things To Do" and Beyond:
Beyond the spa and food, the hotel offers the usual suspects: Fitness center, Gym/fitness. They had a Convenience store. You could make use of Business facilities. Facilities for disabled guests are a thing! Plus, a Gift/souvenir shop (because you *
Phuket Paradise Found: Your Private Pool Villa Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is Beijing, baby, Ritan Hotel Downtown, and we're about to get real. Forget perfect planning; we're embracing the glorious chaos of a human trying to navigate chopsticks, crowded subways, and the overwhelming beauty of an ancient city.
Beijing Bonanza: A Hot Mess of a Schedule (Ritan Hotel Edition)
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic (Plus Some Noodles)
- Morning (Pre-12:00 PM): Arrive at Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK). Jet lag. Immediate assessment: my brain is currently living in a different zip code. Taxi – hopefully to the Ritan Hotel. Cross fingers for a driver who speaks… some English? My Mandarin is limited to “Ni hao” and “Xie xie,” which, let's be honest, isn’t going to cut it.
- Imperfection Alert: Pack lighter next time. My suitcase weighs approximately the same as a small elephant after I packed all those "just in case" outfits. Regret is already a bitter pill.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Check into the Ritan Hotel. Pray for a room with a decent view. Negotiate the air conditioning (because hot, sticky Beijing air is NOT my friend). Unpack (eventually). Settle the nerves with a cup of jasmine tea.
- Quirky Observation: The lobby chandelier is… intense. Like, seriously, I think it's bigger than my entire apartment. Who needs that much sparkle? I am officially dazzled.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Explore the neighborhood around the hotel. Find food. Desperately. Possibly some street food – fear of food poisoning is a battle I’m willing to risk for authenticity. This probably involves a lot of pointing, miming, and hoping the food turns out to be edible… and delicious.
- Impression: Found a tiny noodle shop! The noodles? Divine. The language barrier? Hilarious. The spicy chili oil? Lethal. I'm sweating, but I'm happy. Food is life.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Stroll through Ritan Park. Look for the locals doing their evening dances (seriously, it's a thing). Get a feel for the city under the twilight.
- Emotion: Feeling slightly overwhelmed. The sheer scale of everything is mind-boggling. Wondering if I should invest in a translator app.
- Night (9:00 PM onward): Head back to the hotel. Crash. Sleep. Prepare for the Great Wall tomorrow. Or at least, attempt to prepare.
Day 2: The Great Wall and Utter Exhaustion (Worth it)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The Great Wall! Booked a tour (because public transport to the wall seems like a gamble I am not prepared to take). Woke up too late. This morning is chaotic.
- Anecdote: The tour bus nearly left without me. Nearly panicked. Found. The. Bus. And it was crowded and the traffic was horrible.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The Great Wall itself. I am not prepared for how breathtaking it is. Actually crying a little bit. The climb is brutal. My legs are screaming. But the view… the view is worth every ache. The sheer scale of it is unimaginable. It's like walking on a dragon!
- Rant: I am so glad I opted for the cable car down! Seriously, my knees would have revolted. And the pushy souvenir vendors trying to sell me dragon statues? Annoying, but I get it.
- Observation: People are EVERYWHERE. I've never seen so many selfie sticks in one place. Including myself.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Return to Beijing. Traffic. Traffic. Traffic. Feeling crushed by the sheer volume of people.
- Emotion: Tired. Overwhelmed. Still buzzing from the Wall.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner. Debating Peking duck. Or something… less potentially messy. Maybe some dumplings. Need. Food. Now.
- Night (9:00 PM onward): Crawl back to the hotel. Immediate shower. Pass out.
Day 3: Forbidden City and Lost in Translation (Plus Art, and Food, and More Food)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The Forbidden City. Booked tickets online (smart move). The grandeur! Like you get it now!
- Rambling: I need more historical context, but am currently too overstimulated to process anything beyond “Wow.” The architecture is unbelievable, the history… immense. All I can do is wander around and enjoy it.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch near Tiananmen Square. I'm hoping for something delicious. Language barrier issues? Definitely.
- Anecdote: Accidentally ordered something with chicken feet. Not my favorite. Definitely an experience!
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Explore the 798 Art District. This is completely different from the history and tradition of the Forbidden City. I am overwhelmed.
- Observation: The art here is vibrant. The energy is electric. It's such a contrast to the more traditional parts of town, and I love it.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner: Hot Pot.
- Emotion: Okay, I need help with the hot pot. But I am ready to try it. And maybe I'll try one of those funky dipping sauces this time.
- Night (9:00 PM onward): Head back to hotel, full. Ready for bed. (If I survive the hot pot).
Day 4: Temple of Heaven and Lost in Translation (Plus Art, and Food, and More Food)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Visit the Temple of Heaven. Hoping for some peace and quiet.
- Rambling: It's gorgeous, even with the crowds. The symmetry! The calm. I am in awe.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch.
- Observation: I am still trying to master the chopsticks. Getting better, but still clumsy.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Last-minute shopping for souvenirs. Maybe I'll buy a silk scarf. Or a panda. Either way, I'm probably going to lose money.
- Anecdote: Bargaining with the vendors is an art form. I feel like I'm in a high-stakes poker game. Maybe I got a good deal, maybe I got ripped off. Who knows?
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner. Somewhere new. Somewhere tasty.
- Night (9:00 PM onward): Pack. Say goodbye. So much to see. So much to eat.
- Emotion: Sad to leave, but also exhausted.
Day 5: Departure (and a Vow to Return)
- Morning (Pre-12:00 PM): Check out of the Ritan Hotel. Taxi to the airport. Reflect on the utter chaos and amazingness of Beijing.
- Opinion: Beijing? Absolutely stunning. Overwhelming, chaotic, beautiful, and delicious. I can't wait to come back.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - onward): Fly Home.
- Note: Will definitely learn more Mandarin before returning. And pack fewer things. Maybe.
This itinerary is a guide – a suggestion, even. Things will change. Plans will be derailed. You'll get lost. You'll eat some strange things. You’ll love it. Beijing is like that. It’s messy, it’s real, and it’s unforgettable. Enjoy! And remember, embrace the chaos. You'll have a better story to tell.
Fanta Suite Villa: Your Dream Da Nang Escape Awaits!
Luxury Unveiled: Ritan Hotel's Downtown Beijing Oasis – FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, We Need Answers!)
Is the Ritan Hotel *really* luxurious? Like, *really* really? Or is it just, you know, fancy-ish?
Okay, honest moment. The word "luxury" gets thrown around more than confetti at a wedding. And sure, the Ritan is definitely NOT your Motel 6. Think more... well, think about the kind of hotel where you’re afraid to touch anything because you're convinced a staff member is watching you. Except, I’m gonna level with you, there are a few *imperfections* that make it feel... more human. The lobby? Stunning. That chandelier? OMG. But then you hit the elevator. It's not *ancient* ancient, but the buttons stick a bit, and, I swear, sometimes it feels like it's moving sideways. Luxury with a little…character, let's say.
The rooms? Gorgeous. The bed? I practically melted into it. The *downside*? I spent like a good hour trying to figure out how to use the (very complicated) coffee machine in the morning. I ended up just calling room service for some simple tea. And, *bless their hearts*, when the waiter came, he was a little flustered to see me in my pajamas. It felt less 'refined' and more *'oh, crap, did I ruin the ambiance?'*
So, yeah...luxurious. But with a healthy dose of "maybe I'm not worthy" and a side of "slightly panicked coffee-making attempts".
Ritan Park – Is it worth the hype? Because, hello, PARK.
Okay, YES. YES IT IS. Seriously, escaping the Beijing concrete jungle and stumbling into Ritan Park is like finding a hidden oasis. The serenity is *insane*. I'm a city person – I thrive on the chaos, the honking horns, the general frenzy. But even *I* needed a breather. And Ritan Park delivered.
Picture this: me, after a particularly grueling day of... well, let's just say "dealing with things"... meandering through the park, listening to the birds. There was a group of elderly locals doing Tai Chi, and I actually considered joining them… (for a few minutes, until I realized I'd probably trip over myself). Plus, the temples are just… beautiful. I'm not spiritual, but they had a sense of peace that totally rubbed off on me.
My only (very minor) grumble? Finding an actual *bench* to sit on was like hunting for buried treasure. They're popular! But overall? Absolutely worth it. My recommendation? Grab a coffee (or, fine, a ridiculously complicated tea from room service) and just *be*. Let the calm wash over you. You will thank me later.
The food. The *fabulous* food. Tell me more… without just saying "delicious"!
Okay, the food. Let's get REAL. I'm a foodie. A total glutton for punishment... I mean flavor. The Ritan's restaurants? They don't disappoint. But, and this is a *big* but, some of the experiences are… memorable. In ways you might not entirely expect.
Lunch in the hotel restaurant after a long flight? The Peking Duck was... phenomenal. Seriously, crispy skin, juicy meat, all the fixings. But, here's the kicker. They give you *too much*. The portions were borderline obscene. I felt like I was single-handedly trying to save the entire duck population. I mean, I *loved* it, but I could barely move afterwards. I think I actually waddled back to my room. Maybe a smaller portion would be more humanly digestable, or I should eat less.
The breakfasts? Crazy good selection. They have everything from pastries to noodles to stuff I couldn't even identify. Again, portions. I mean, a mountain of scrambled eggs? A whole plate of bacon? It's a food coma waiting to happen. But hey, at least you won't go hungry.
Spa Day! (Because, yes, I need to know.) Spill the tea!
The Spa… oh, the spa. This deserved its own section. Because, *wow*. I feel like I'm reliving the experience just talking about it. It was the day after a terrible day (the day I was convinced I would never be happy again!) and I decided (on a whim) that a spa day was exactly what I needed. I booked the works: massage, facial, the whole shebang. I made a real effort to be early this time.
The atmosphere was… Zen. Like, *ultra* Zen. Think hushed tones, calming music, the faint aroma of… something good. The massage? The BEST I have ever experienced. My therapist, she was a magician. She worked out knots I didn't even know I *had*. I swear, I floated away, feeling like a limp noodle. Then, the facial… pure bliss. My tired Beijing face was transformed. I was genuinely glowing. I seriously looked at least ten years younger—I should go more often!
Did it cost a small fortune? Yes. Did I care? Absolutely not. It was an investment in my sanity. Walking out of the spa, I felt like a new person. I felt like I could take on the world. Or, at the very least, the next bowl of Peking Duck. It was *that* good. I'm already planning my return. Seriously. Go. Just go. It's worth it. (And hide your credit card from yourself so you don't see the damage).
Is the Ritan Hotel good for business travelers?
Okay, that's a solid question. It *could* be... IF you're the type of business traveler who thrives in a ridiculously polished environment. The meeting rooms probably look fantastic. The wifi is strong. The staff are professional (if a little formal). Pro tip: the restaurant is a great spot to schmooze clients.
BUT... (and there's always a but, isn't there?) if you're easily distracted by luxury (like me), it could be a problem. I lost an hour just staring at a particularly ornate lampshade, as I mentioned above. The temptation to go explore the park instead of attending a meeting might be overwhelming. (See: me.) You'll need a bit of willpower to stay focused. But hey, even if you *do* get distracted by the fancy-ness, you'll still be in a pretty fancy hotel. Win-win?
Overall, would you recommend the Ritan Hotel?
Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, yes.
It's not perfect – it's luxurious with a side of slightly chaotic moments. But that's what makes it memorable, at least, for me. It's a beautiful escape. ItFind That Hotel

