
Escape to Paradise: Segara Village Hotel, Bali Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Segara Village Hotel - Bali Awaits! (Or Does It…?) - My Absolutely Unfiltered Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Segara Village Hotel in Bali. Prepare yourselves, because this isn't your grandma's dry-as-toast travel review. This is the real deal, warts and all… or, you know, maybe just the tan lines and questionable coffee.
First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle (Because, You Know, Life Happens)
Okay, let's be real. Bali? Paradise. But getting to paradise can be a whole other adventure. I always rate a hotel's accessibility because, frankly, life throws curveballs. I wasn't specifically using a wheelchair this trip, but I was watching for ramps, elevators, and overall ease of movement. Segara Village? Pretty good, honestly. Plenty of ramps where needed and elevators. I didn’t do a deep dive for mobility assistance, but it looked like they definitely had the basics covered. They had to, it's 2024! So, Accessibility = solid thumbs up from my perspective.
The Internet - The Lifeline (Or The Annoyance?)
Listen, I'm a digital nomad. I need the internet. And Segara delivered on most fronts. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES! Glory be! Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep. And surprisingly decent speed. I even spotted Internet [LAN] in the room, which is like… throwback Thursday, but hey, sometimes you need a wired connection for that crucial Zoom meeting. Internet Services were pretty standard offering, but hey, a working connection is something I always appreciate.
My Room: The Sanctuary… Kinda.
My room? Let's call it "cozy." It had Air conditioning (thank GOD). Free bottled water? Yes! Essentials, people, essentials! The Bed was extra long which was a total win for my six foot frame. The Blackout curtains, were also a major plus. I need my beauty sleep.
The bathroom felt very…Balinese. The shower? Wonderful. The toiletries? Perfectly acceptable, if not particularly memorable. The bathtub? Okay, I’m not a huge tub person. But still a nice feature. They also had things like bathrobes and slippers. Fancy!
The Things That Made Me Go "Ooooh" (and "Ewww")
Alright, let's get to the good stuff.
The Pool with a View: Pure bliss! Seriously, I spent a solid afternoon just floating and staring at the water.
The Spa: My Personal Happy Place: I'm a sucker for a good massage. And let me tell you, the spa at Segara Village. The Massage was heavenly. They also had a Body Wrap and Body Scrub, that I didn't try but seemed very tempting. Definitely worth the price of admission if you're into pampering yourself. The Sauna and Steamroom were also good options to consider.
The Food: A Rollercoaster Ride
- Asian Breakfast: Delicious! the dim sum, the noodles.
- The restaurant were well-prepared, and the Salad was fresh.
- The coffee shop: Great coffee
- The bar: The Poolside bar was a great, as well.
- Breakfast Service was generally great, but some mornings felt a little… rushed.
- International cuisine in restaurant: was great
- Vegetarian restaurant: for those who needed
The Cleanliness and Safety - Keeping It Real (And Clean)
Okay, let's talk about post-Covid precautions. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hygiene certification? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. They even had Anti-viral cleaning products. I have to say, I felt pretty safe wandering around. They also had a Doctor/nurse on call
The "Things to Do" - More Than Just Sunbathing
Beyond the pool and spa, Segara Village did offer some activities:
- Fitness center/Gym: It does have a Fitness center/Gym. That, I used and it was, alright. Not the best, but good enough to get a sweat in.
The "Services and Conveniences" - Because We're All Lazy
- Air conditioning in public area: Check.
- Concierge: Very helpful
- Daily housekeeping: always welcome
- Laundry service: essential.
- Room service [24-hour]: Thank goodness!
The "For the Kids" - If You're Traveling with Little Humans
This is where my personal experience is limited, but I did notice kids and the hotel offers:
- Babysitting service
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
Getting Around
- Airport transfer was very convenient.
- Taxi service.
The Bottom Line: Should You Stay?
YES, with a few caveats. If you're looking for a relaxing escape, Segara Village Bali. The pool, the spa. They did a great job.
SEO Keyword Blitz:
- Bali Hotel
- Segara Village Hotel
- Bali Spa
- Bali Pool
- Accessible Bali Hotel
- Bali Family Hotel
- Bali Luxury Hotel
My Offer for You (Because I'm Feeling Generous and You Deserve a Good Trip):
Escape to Paradise: Segara Village Hotel, Bali Awaits!
Book your stay at Segara Village Hotel today and indulge in the ultimate Balinese getaway!
Kota Bharu's BEST Family Homestay: Unbeatable Deals & Comfort!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated, Instagram-filtered Bali itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL. This is me, slightly hungover and desperately craving nasi goreng, trying to figure out how the heck I managed to eat all the rambutans.
The "Almost Paradise, Mostly Chaotic" Guide to Segara Village Hotel & Beyond - Bali, Indonesia (aka, My Brain on Holiday)
Day 1: Arrival & (Mostly) Blissful Confusion
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Landed in Denpasar. The airport was pure chaos. I swear, a herd of water buffalos could have navigated the baggage claim faster. Found my driver (thank god for pre-booked transportation, even though I almost paid the wrong guy). The drive to Segara Village was… well, it was Bali. Motorbikes weaving like drunken acrobats, colourful temples popping up out of nowhere, and the smell of frangipani mixed with diesel. Divine.
- Anecdote: My driver, a lovely gentleman named Made, kept offering me Balinese coffee. I politely declined the first three times. Then, I saw him looking at me with a mixture of pity and mild judgement. Gave in. Strongest coffee I’ve had in my life, and I regretted not eating breakfast.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Check-in at Segara Village. The hotel itself is gorgeous. Lush, green, feels peaceful… until you stumble over a rogue flip-flop (me, within five minutes). Room is fantastic, a little bungalow thing with a semi-outdoor bathroom, and the AC blasting cold air. I nearly screamed with joy.
- Impatience Level: 10/10. I have a mountain of unread emails screaming for attention, but all I want to do is change into a swimsuit and hit the pool.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onwards): Pool time! Ahhh, the sweet, sweet embrace of chlorine and relaxation. Until… a swarm of tiny, aggressive ants decided my towel was their new condo. Sigh. Still, the sunset over the beach was spectacular, even with my minor ant infestation. Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Okay, the food was kinda… underwhelming. But the cocktails? Glorious. Currently contemplating a second.
- Observation: Indonesians are the friendliest people on Earth. They smile at everything. Even my questionable swimsuit choice.
Day 2: Temple Tantrums & Beach Bliss (Plus Major Cockroach Anxiety)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): I swear, the early birds get the most delicious omelet. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is pure joy. Fresh fruit, pastries, and the aforementioned omelet. Fuelled up and ready to conquer… something. Plan: Visit Tanah Lot Temple (Iconic, right?).
- Impression: I am in love with the omelet
- Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Tanah Lot Temple. It was… breathtaking. Truly. The waves crashing against the rocks, the temple perched majestically… but the crowds! OH, THE CROWDS. Elbows, selfie sticks, the general cacophony of tourists.
- Rant: I get it, tourist things. But could we PLEASE learn some basic queueing etiquette? and maybe not wear bright orange when you know you're going to be photographed in what I believe to be sacred space?
- Emotional Reaction: I felt a mixture of awe and utter, bubbling frustration. Seriously, I spent more time trying to navigate the foot traffic than actually experiencing the temple.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Escape from the tourist madness and head back to Segara Village. Late lunch – delicious gado-gado. The beach is calling.
- Anecdote: Managed to (finally!) get a decent photo of the sunset from the pool. Bonus points for not falling in.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Beach time! Actually, the beach is fantastic. Soft sand, warm water, not too crowded. Bliss.
- Quirky Observation: The beach vendors are persistent, but charming. I bought a sarong, a bracelet, and a fruit smoothie I probably didn't need. No regrets.
- Important Announcement: The hotel room, while lovely, does have a cockroach. I saw it. It was BIG. I screamed. I may have cried. I am now sleeping with the light on and praying to all the gods for pest control.
- Evening (7:00 PM - Onwards): Dinner at a local warung (small restaurant, basically). Awesome, authentic food – cheap and delicious! Got slightly lost on the way back, and ended up in a small alleyway where I was surrounded by friendly dogs. One of them might have liked me a bit too much… I have a feeling I will need to rewash my clothes.
Day 3: Spa Serenity, Sunset Sips & A Date with My Book (And Maybe Avoiding That Cockroach)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Spa day! The hotel spa is heavenly. Deep tissue massage, floral scents, and the blissful feeling of being thoroughly kneaded. I think I briefly fell asleep and snored. Don't judge me.
- Impression: My muscles are jelly, and my brain is happily mush. This is the life.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch and poolside lounging. Reading a book. Actually reading. No distractions. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. (Except for the persistent cockroach-related anxiety. Still haven't seen it again, which is either a good thing or a terrifying thing.)
- Anecdote: Accidentally spilled my iced coffee all over my book. Managed to salvage it with a combination of frantic drying and sheer desperation. 6/10 would recommend a coaster.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onwards): Sunset drinks at a beachfront bar. Watching the sunset. This is what it is all about.
- Observation: The sky, on a good night, is a glorious canvas of colour.
- Emotional Reaction: Feeling content. Feeling grateful. Also, feeling slightly tipsy and wondering if I should order another cocktail. Decisions, decisions.
- Evening: Dinner. Possibly a noodle.
- Important Note: I am still afraid of that cockroach. Send help (and maybe an exterminator).
Day 4: Adventure! (Maybe… and Definitely More Eating)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Plan: Day trip to… somewhere. Thinking of either a rice terrace or a waterfall. Or both? The issue: I have to actually organize it.
- Rant: My organisational skills are seriously lacking at this moment. I'm relying on the hotel staff to navigate this. Which, to be fair, is a great idea.
- Day trip (12:00 PM - 8:00 PM):
- The Rice Terraces: (I'm thinking of a trip to Tegallalang Rice Terraces) I could spend all day here, and that would be amazing.
- Anecdote: I’d spent two hours here, and just sat in the mud and ate a handful of rice. I felt amazing, and I was covered with bugs.
- Waterfall. (I'm thinking of a day trip to Tegenungan Waterfall.) The drive there was worth it. The scenery was incredible. Then i went up the falls, and I was sprayed, and the water was just perfect.
- Impression: My hair frizzed and I forgot about the cockroach for a while.
- The Rice Terraces: (I'm thinking of a trip to Tegallalang Rice Terraces) I could spend all day here, and that would be amazing.
- Evening: Dinner back at the hotel, because I was exhausted and didn't want to deal with motor bike traffic.
- Emotional Reaction: I was filled with happiness. The travel felt better than it had.
Day 5: The (Almost) Departure & The Final Frangipani Embrace
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Last breakfast at the hotel. Soak it up! The next time in Bali, will last for longer.
- Realisation: I will miss this place. I will miss the constant sun, the friendly smiles, the fact that everything is just… easier.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Final swim in the pool. One last sunbathing session. One last attempt to conquer my tan lines. (Spoiler alert: they're still there.)
- Anecdote: Said goodbye to my ant-infested towel.
- Late Afternoon: Packing. The most depressing part. Trying to remember where I stashed all those souvenirs. (Pretty sure I bought a small wooden monkey somewhere.) *

Escape to Paradise: Segara Village Hotel – Your Bali Breakdown! (aka, What You *Really* Need to Know!)
Okay, so, Segara Village… Is it *actually* Paradise? Don't lie.
The Rooms: Cozy Cottage or Cramped Chaos? spill the tea.
The Pools: Are they Packed or Peaceful? Because I like space.
Food, Glorious Food! Tell me about the Restaurant(s). Did you get food poisoning?? (I have trust issues.)
The Beach: How's The Sand? And the Sea? Did you find any treasure?
Excursions and Activities: What's worth the hype? Did you actually *do* anything?
The Spa: Worth the extra $$$? Or should I just rub my own feet?
Wi-Fi: Can I Instagram My Entire Trip, or am I going to be Miserable?
Service & Staff: Any horror stories? Or were they all lovely angels?

