Sanders Tower: Thessaloniki's Hidden Gem? (Unbelievable Views!)

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower: Thessaloniki's Hidden Gem? (Unbelievable Views!)

Sanders Tower: Thessaloniki's Hidden Gem? (Unbelievable Views!) - My Chaotic, Honest Review

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from Sanders Tower in Thessaloniki, and let me tell you, it's… a place. Forget those sterile, corporate hotel reviews. This is the real deal, warts and all, because, let's be honest, life's a beautiful, messy masterpiece, and so is this hotel (in the best way possible).

First Impressions: The View… OMG, the View!

Seriously, the "Unbelievable Views!" in the title? Not hyperbole. My jaw literally dropped when I walked into my room. I swear, I spent a solid hour just staring out the window, taking in the entire city, the sea, the whole shebang. I felt like a tiny god, surveying my domain. You know that feeling when you're just… stunned? Yeah, that was me. (Available in all rooms - like, obviously! - a MUST)

Accessibility:

Right, let's get the practical stuff out of the way. I'm not a wheelchair user, but from what I saw, they seem to have made a decent effort. Facilities for disabled guests are mentioned, the elevator is a welcome addition, and the place is modern, so I'm optimistic. But call ahead and confirm those specifics, yeah? (I'm assuming the Check-in/out [express] is accessible too, although I missed that option.)

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, The World…):

Okay, major kudos to Sanders Tower here. They clearly take this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products are a plus point. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Seems so. I saw staff actively wiping down surfaces and everything felt remarkably clean and fresh. They've even got Hand sanitizer everywhere. The CCTV felt reassuring without being creepy, and the Security [24-hour] gave me that extra bit of peace of mind (especially when I was out on the balcony, soaking in the scene). They have Fire extinguisher and Smoke alarms in the room too. They did well on Hygiene certification. I didn't opt out of room sanitization but I am impressed by that feature -- and the room sanitization opt-out available.

The Room Itself: My Fortress of Awesome

Let's dive into those rooms! Like, who doesn't love a good hotel room? My space was a haven. Let-me-see… Air conditioning (essential in Thessaloniki!), Blackout curtains (bliss!), a comfy bed (Extra long bed - tick!), and the aforementioned view (did I mention the view?!). I had a Desk to work on (because, sadly, work exists), a Refrigerator to stash my water (gotta stay hydrated!), and a Coffee/tea maker (essential for that morning kickstart). The bathroom was modern and sparkling. I love having Hair dryer because I never travel with it. Everything’s perfectly designed for your comfort. And the Safety/security feature made me feel the most safe! The Socket near the bed was a small win, but a big win in terms of usability. They had a Scale in the bathroom, which, let’s be real, is horrifying but also useful. The Slippers are a nice touch as well as the Coffee/tea maker.

Food Glorious Food (Mostly Good, A Little Confusing):

Okay, the food situation. This is where things get a bit… Greek (pun intended). The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty good. Fresh fruit, pastries, your usual suspects. But sometimes, the service felt a bit… chaotic. Like, one morning, I ordered an Asian breakfast because I was feeling adventurous, and they brought me… something. It wasn't bad, just unexpected. (I think they were still working on their translation from the Asian cuisine in restaurant) I enjoyed my Western breakfast more.

There’s a Bar and a Poolside bar. The Restaurants serve International cuisine in restaurant! But sometimes getting a straight answer about what was available felt like a mini quest. However, the Poolside bar was great for an afternoon drink (they did a killer Aperol Spritz). Room service [24-hour] is available, which is a serious win! They offer Breakfast in room which is delightful as well as Breakfast takeaway service. I will say, the coffee was always good. I would also add the Coffee/tea in restaurant

I didn't try the Vegetarian restaurant.

The Desserts in restaurant were great!

Things To Do & Ways To Relax (Spa, Gym… or Just Staring Out the Window?)

Okay, let's be real: for me, the main "thing to do" was just be there, gazing at that view. But! They have a fitness center (Gym/fitness), which I peeked into. Looked decent if you are into being active on vacation. I'm more of a Pool with view kind of person, the outdoor Swimming pool [outdoor] (with its… you guessed it… AMAZING view!) was where I spent most of my time. Pure bliss. The Body scrub and Massage is offered, although I missed the opportunity. I heard great things about the Spa/sauna and the Steamroom (maybe next time!).

Service & Conveniences (The Good, The Confusing, and the Greek)

The staff at Sanders Tower are generally lovely. The Concierge was incredibly helpful, recommending restaurants (though sometimes they got a bit lost in translation). Daily housekeeping was efficient. The Doorman was always there to greet me. The Elevator was a life-saver.

I saw a Convenience store. They have dry cleaning and Laundry service. I saw that they had a Car park [free of charge] and a Car park [on-site]. Safety deposit boxes are available. They offer Air conditioning in public area.

Internet: WiFi, LAN.. The Digital Dance

The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Huge win. Fast, reliable. Internet access – wireless was available in my room. I appreciate the Internet access – LAN option as well. They also offer Wi-Fi in public areas. I saw Wi-Fi for special events if you need it.

Missing Things (or Things I Didn't Get To Experience):

I didn't get to try the Fitness center or the Spa. I also didn't go to any Meetings or Seminars or anything like those.

The Verdict: Is Sanders Tower Worth It?

YES. Absolutely, undeniably, YES. Despite the minor hiccups, the view alone is worth the price of admission. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is friendly (even if a bit endearingly chaotic at times), and the location is fantastic. It's not a perfect hotel, but it's got soul. It's a place with character, a place that feels more like a home (with a ridiculously good view) than a generic hotel room.

My Honest Advice

  • Book a room with a view. Seriously. Don't even consider anything else.
  • Be prepared for a little Greek-style "flexibility" with service. Embrace it. It's part of the charm.
  • Relax, breathe, and soak it all in. You're in Thessaloniki!

The Offer (Because You Know I Always Have One!)

STOP! Don't just take my word for it. Book your stay at Sanders Tower NOW!

For a limited time, use code "VIEWFROMABOVE" at checkout and get a complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival PLUS a free upgrade (if available)!

This offer includes:

  • Unforgettable views from your room
  • Complimentary bottle of local wine (red or white)
  • Free upgrade (if available at the time of booking)
  • Access to the swimming pool and all hotel facilities

Click here to book your unforgettable stay and experience Thessaloniki from a whole new perspective: [Insert customisable booking link here]. DO IT. You won't regret it! (Seriously, I'm still dreaming of that view…)

**Radisson Prize Affoltern: Switzerland's Hidden Gem Hotel?**

Book Now

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's sterile travel itinerary. This is my Thessaloniki adventure, and trust me, it’s going to be gloriously messy. We're focusing on the Sanders Tower Centre, which… well, we'll get to that.

Thessaloniki: A Semi-Structured Romp (Don't expect too much, honestly)

Day 1: Arrival & The Tower of Dreams (and Maybe Coffee)

  • Morning (ish): Landed in Thessaloniki. The airport? Let's just say it had character. Actually, it had a distinct "I've seen better days" vibe, which, frankly, I kind of dug. It felt…real. Grabbed my bags (miraculously!), and wrestled my way into a taxi. The driver, bless his heart, was already mid-opera, belting out something passionate in Greek. Set the tone perfectly.

  • Mid-Morning/Early Afternoon: Arrived at Sanders Tower Centre. Okay, so the centre part is a bit of a stretch. It's a building. A really beautiful building. Found it on the map and there was an obvious excitement! The entrance is gorgeous, old stone, and the lobby is just…stunning. The kind of place where you immediately feel like you should be wearing a silk scarf and smoking a tiny cigarette. (Don't worry, I’ll settle for a coffee.) Check in, try not to faint at the gorgeous room.

  • Afternoon: This is where things get interesting. Supposed to go on a walking tour of Thessaloniki. Booked it, felt like a proper tourist, but the jetlag hit me hard. Instead, I may have napped. Or, more accurately, I passed out. Woke up about an hour later, the room was full of sunlight, and I was suddenly ravenous. Damn you, jetlag.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Resurrected myself. Found a little taverna (or taverna-ish place-- I'm still learning the difference) a block away from the tower. Ordered something I think was grilled octopus. Or maybe it was just a really enthusiastic calamari situation. The waiter was charming and spoke enough English for us to have a good laugh, and I ate everything. Everything.

  • Evening: Back to the tower. Decided to hit the rooftop bar. (Another perk of the tower). The view! You guys. Just…the view. The city sprawling out below, the sea glimmering… And then, I accidentally spilled my entire cocktail down my front. Mortifying. Mortified! But even that couldn't ruin the magic of the moment. Beautiful mess – that's me!

Day 2: Churches, Chaos & Cranky Feet

  • Morning: Attempted to be a culture vulture. Went to the Church of Saint Sophia. My head was spinning, but the history was incredible. The mosaics? Breathtaking. Felt a genuine sense of awe, which is a rare thing for a jaded tourist like me.

  • Mid-Morning: Got completely lost. Wandering through the backstreets, the way cities should be. Got completely lost and I loved it. That's the thing with Thessaloniki; the chaos is part of the charm.

  • Lunch: Found a tiny souvlaki place. Ate two. I think I might be developing a souvlaki addiction. It's a real possibility

  • Afternoon: The White Tower. Iconic, right? The line was long. Annoyingly long. So I skipped it. Sorry, Thessaloniki, I'm breaking up with you for now.

  • Mid-Afternoon: Walked an hour. Went to the market. Full chaos. So many colors, smells, and yelling. Picked up some weird olives that I'm pretty sure are going to haunt my dreams. But I like them. The whole place was vibrant.

  • Evening: Found a rooftop restaurant (not the tower, sadly, but I'm on a mission to find the perfect rooftop in this city) and ate. The food was good, but honestly, the company (myself) was better. Spent the evening planning another meal, I think I will start going down the beach, so I can swim, and enjoy the day. Went in the local shops and bought souvenirs.

Day 3: The Beach (Finally!) & A Big Fat Greek Goodbye (for now?)

  • Morning: Slept in. A glorious thing to do. Woke up. Beach time! Took an Uber, and got a glimpse of the real city. The beach itself was…okay. Probably not the best beaches in the world, but the sea was blue. The sun was shining. I sat there for hours, just being.

  • Afternoon: Last meal. Picked a restaurant with a view. And it was perfect. Ordered the moussaka. It was amazing. Probably the best moussaka I’ve ever had. Savoring every bite, because I was sad about leaving.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Said goodbye to the staff in Tower Centre (who were lovely, by the way). They really make it feel like home. It was a hard goodbye, and I felt a ridiculous pang of sadness.

  • Evening: Taxi to the airport. Last glance at the city lights. A jumble of emotions – sadness, exhaustion, a strange and inexplicable feeling. It hit me. Thessaloniki, with all its flaws and glories, had gotten under my skin. It got me. Leaving was like…saying goodbye to a friend.

  • Late evening Finally, I arrived back home, and ready to plan my next trip!

Things I learned:

  • Jetlag is a beast.
  • Souvlaki is life.
  • Thessaloniki is a city that you can’t neatly define.
  • Sometimes, the most magical moments are born from a bit of chaos.
  • I need to learn Greek (or at least improve my "thank you" skills.
  • I should definitely go back.

So there you have it. My Thessaloniki adventure. Not perfect. Not polished. But real. And, I hope, a little bit inspiring to go find your own messy, glorious adventures. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to order more souvlaki (and potentially start planning my return trip).

Luxury Kaliningrad Apartment: Lesopil'naya 65 Awaits!

Book Now

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower: Thessaloniki's Hidden Gem? (Or Maybe Just My Obsession?) - FAQs You Didn't Know You Needed

Q: What *is* Sanders Tower, exactly? Is it even worth the hype?

A: Sanders Tower is, in a nutshell, a freaking amazing viewpoint in Thessaloniki. Think panoramic vistas, incredible photo ops... and possibly the feeling that you've secretly discovered a portal to another dimension. Is it worth the hype? Look, I'm biased. I'd probably declare a pigeon a 'hidden gem' in Thessaloniki if it perched on a particularly scenic balcony. But seriously, YES. Absolutely. The view from the top is breathtaking. I swear, the first time I went, I almost cried. Okay, I *did* cry a little. Don't judge me. Plus, you feel like you're in on a secret. Like you’ve unlocked a cheat code to the city. It's not tourist-mobbed like the White Tower, which, frankly, is part of its charm.

Q: How do I actually get to Sanders Tower? (Asking for a friend... who's me.)

A: Ah, the million-drachma (or euro) question! Finding it is half the fun... or half the frustration, depending on your navigation skills. You've got to wander through the Ano Poli (Upper Town), which is itself a treat. Expect winding, cobblestone streets that laugh in the face of Google Maps. Seriously, my phone had a meltdown trying to pinpoint my location. I recommend using the Byzantine Walls as a general guide – Sanders Tower is nestled *somewhere* near them. Prepare for some uphill walking; wear comfy shoes! And embrace the delicious feeling of getting slightly lost. That's how you find the best stuff, right? I got lost once and stumbled upon a tiny taverna with the most amazing grilled octopus. Pure. Bliss.

Q: What's the best time to visit for maximum 'OMG, I can't believe this view!' effect?

A: Sunset. Hands down. End of discussion. The way the light dances on the water, the sky explodes with colour... Ugh, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. I remember the first time I was there at sunset. I mean, I went up every day for a week, just to experience the view, and have a cocktail. Seriously, it's worth planning your whole day around. Go earlier to snag a prime spot, bring a bottle of wine (responsibly, of course), and prepare to have your mind blown. The only downside? You'll never experience a sunset anywhere else the same again. You’ll be forever comparing, and nothing will ever quite measure up. It's a curse, I tell you. A glorious, breathtaking curse. But worth it. Just... worth it.

Q: Is there an entrance fee? (Because my budget screams, and my soul screams, "FREE!")

A: Nope! Sanders Tower is free to visit. Rejoice! You've got more money for souvlaki and ice cream (priorities, people!). Now, there might be a cafe *near* the tower, so you might have the temptation of buying something to sit there, but the view itself is free. I remember one time I visited, I saw a group of teenagers sprawled out on the wall, laughing and taking selfies. It reminded me of being young and carefree, back before I was paying rent and worrying about student loans. That's the beauty of a free experience: everyone can enjoy it, regardless of their economic situation. And seeing something amazing like that makes you happy. Okay, maybe it was the Mythos I’d had, but still the fact that it was free helped me like it just a teeny tiny bit more.

Book Hotels Now

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece

Sanders Tower Centre Thessaloniki Thessaloniki Greece