
RS HOME Tawau: Your Dream Home Awaits in Tawau, Malaysia!
RS HOME Tawau: My Chaotic, But Surprisingly Brilliant, Tawauan Getaway - A Review (and a Plea to Book!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea on RS HOME Tawau. Forget your sanitized, robot-written reviews. I've just spent a week there, and let me tell you, this place is… something else. It's a whirlwind of comfort, convenience, and a whole lot of "huh, didn't expect that."
(SEO Keywords Galore - Just Try to Keep Up!): RS HOME Tawau, Tawau, Malaysia, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Restaurants, Swimming Pool, Spa, Fitness Center, Internet, Wi-Fi, Cleanliness, Safety, Dining, Services, Family Friendly, Room Amenities, Airport Transfer, Car Park, Price, Review)
First off, LET'S TALK ACCESSIBILITY. I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I appreciate a hotel that thinks about everyone. I'm so sick of hotels that haven’t and forget us. RS HOME scores pretty well here – there’s an elevator, which is a HUGE win, especially if you’re lugging bags like I do. I did a quick scan and noticed the public areas seem accommodating. Now, I didn't extensively test for wheelchair accessibility, but I'd definitely give them a call and ask specific questions for those traveling with mobility issues. (And honestly, a little extra communication before a trip always helps, right?)
Accessibility is important, but the Internet is life. Let me tell you, I need Wi-Fi. I am here for the Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, and the sweet, sweet knowledge that there's Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! The connection? Pretty darn good. Enough to stream a questionable amount of cat videos, which is the ultimate test of any Wi-Fi, right? I'm not sure I ever even tried to connect through the Internet services but hey, options. It was all fantastic to have.
(Rant Alert! - You've Been Warned)
AND NOW, let's talk about the CLEANLINESS AND SAFETY! Look, in the era of… gestures broadly at the world, this is a HUGE deal. RS HOME is going all in. They advertise (Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and even Professional-grade sanitizing services). The fact that you could opt-out of room sanitization is fantastic. They take Hygiene certification seriously, and you could tell. There are Hand sanitizers strategically placed (and in my slightly germophobic brain, that's a big comfort). They had the basic First aid kit. It felt like a safe haven in the chaos of travel.
(The Food Journey - Prepare Your Taste Buds!)
Okay, the DINING, DRINKING, AND SNACKING situation… it's a mixed bag, but in a good way. They have a bunch of Restaurants, including an Asian cuisine in restaurant which was incredible! I dove headfirst into the local fare, it was divine! There was also a Western cuisine in restaurant if you get homesick. I loved the option of Breakfast [buffet] (because who doesn't love a good buffet?) and they also offered the Breakfast [buffet] – but sometimes the buffet felt a little… chaotic. But it did have Coffee/tea in restaurant. They offer Alternative meal arrangement for those with dietary needs. And, I will say, the Bottle of water in the rooms was a lifesaver after a long day. There was also Room service [24-hour], a lifesaver. I didn’t spot a Poolside bar (boo!) but they did have a Desserts in restaurant, which helped. The Snack bar was good for a quick fix.
(Things to Do - Relax, Recharge, and Maybe Get Sweaty)
I was really impressed with the list of Things to do, and the ways to relax. The Fitness center was surprisingly well-equipped – I confess, I only went once, but it looked legit. There's a gym/fitness room for more exercise options. They have a Spa! (And Spa/sauna). I was so tempted, but I needed a vacation, not a cleanse. They have a Sauna and Steamroom also and facilities for a Foot bath which is a great way to de-stress. I'd have loved a Pool with view as a reward after a good workout, but the swimming pool was still nice!
(Room Shenanigans - My Personal Sanctuary)
My room? (Available in all rooms - they have Air conditioning), it was a haven. Air conditioning? Check! Blackout curtains? Double check! The Bed itself was comfortable, (They have Extra long bed). The bathrobes were soft! The hair dryer worked (a necessity!). The coffee/tea maker provided a welcome dose of caffeine. (Complimentary tea). And the Free bottled water was a lifesaver. I was thankful for the privacy of a Private bathroom, and the Shower was great, the Separate shower/bathtub was a bonus! I also appreciated the Desk and Laptop workspace (I did some brief work, begrudgingly). The Refrigerator kept my drinks cool. I was pleased with the Wi-Fi [free].
My Room was a disaster. I'm not going to lie, it wasn’t perfectly neat. But a room isn’t real until its got a little life in it! They have Daily housekeeping, which was a godsend. It's the little things – the Slippers, the Toiletries, the Towels – that make a difference.
(The "Extras" - Services and Conveniences)
RS HOME has all the expected Services and conveniences. I think they have a Concierge. Daily housekeeping definitely put a smile on my face. They had Laundry service, and my biggest perk: Car park [free of charge]. They had a Cash withdrawal and Currency exchange. The Elevator was crucial. They even have Facilities for disabled guests.
(For the Kids - Family Friendly Fun!)
They're not just for solo travelers – this place seems genuinely welcoming to families. They have Family/child friendly options, there were Kids facilities and a Babysitting service.
(Getting Around - Ease of Access)
They offer Airport transfer. They have Car park [on-site], and even a Car power charging station which is forward-thinking and excellent. I also used the Taxi service a couple of times.
(The Honest Truth - The Quirks, The Imperfections, and Why You Should Book)
Okay, here's the thing. RS HOME isn't perfect. It's not a five-star luxury resort. There might be a slightly wobbly table, a slightly less-than-stellar coffee, maybe the occasional minor detail that isn’t perfect.
But here's why that doesn't matter. Because the staff is friendly, they are truly trying, and they genuinely seem to care. I experienced the chaos of real life in a hotel, and it was a wonderful experience.
Final Verdict - Book It!
My Offer - Book Now and Get a Free Local Delicacy Tasting!
If you're looking for a clean, safe, comfortable, and convenient base for your Tawau adventure, with a staff who genuinely, and I mean REALLY tries, then BOOK RS HOME TAWAU. I'm not just saying this, I'd go back in a heartbeat.
And you know what? Just to make this even sweeter, if you book through my link (I don't have a link, but maybe, just maybe, I’ll persuade them later!), I’ll personally recommend you to try the local food: "Pinasakan" dish that is delicious.
Escape to Bliss: Beholden Stay & Cafe, Manali - Your Himalayan Haven Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that is my Tawau, Malaysian adventure. Forget picture-perfect itineraries, this is the REAL deal. Prepare for whiplash.
RS HOME Tawau - A Traveler's Diary of Delight and Disarray (aka The Actually Unplanned Itinerary)
Day 1: Arrival, Agony of Airport Acquisition, and Accidental Avocado Addiction
- 7:00 AM: Alarm SCREAMS. Why do I inflict this on myself? Packing, a blur of frantic shoving and muttered curses. Did I pack enough socks? Who cares! We're going to Borneo! (or, rather, Tawau, a gateway to Borneo).
- 8:00 AM: Airport chaos. Everyone's got luggage almost as big as themselves. The airport smells vaguely of airplane fuel and desperation. Struggle to find the gate, feeling a deep, primal urge for coffee.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Landed in Tawau! The humidity hits you like a warm, sweaty hug. Beautiful, but also.. overwhelming. Taxi shenanigans involving some questionable negotiating skills (on my part). Ended up paying way too much for a ride. Already feeling like a rookie.
- 11:00 AM: Finally, at RS HOME! Checked in, and honestly, the room is… functional. Cleanish, but the air con sounds like a dying walrus. I'm not complaining! I'm just tired is all. (A nap is what I require).
- 12:00 PM: Lunch hunt! Wandered down some charming alleyways, the smells of street food beckoned with glorious promises. Found a little spot, ordered some noodles… and then saw it: AVOCADO JUICE. I'd seen it, the bright green glory. Took a leap of faith. Dear god, it was life-altering. Creamy, smooth, a tropical hug in a glass. I'm now 90% sure I'll spend the next week just drinking avocado juice.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: A nap. The walrus-like aircon did it's job. Ahh.
- 4:00 PM: Stumbled out of the hotel to explore a bit. Got lost. Found a local market bursting with fruits I couldn't even name. The colors, the smells… sensory overload in a good way. Bought a spiky purple thing (a mangosteen, I now know) that turned out to be pure, delicious magic.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Ended up at some hawker stall that had the most amazing seafood. And yes, another avocado juice. My wallet weeps gently, but my soul rejoices.
- 9:00 PM: Passed out from food coma and jet lag. Day one = success!
Day 2: The Island of Semporna & The Great Turtle Fail (with some tears)
- 7:00 AM: Up early! The idea of spending the day in Semporna, gateway to the Sipadan islands, has me buzzing with excitement. (Except I'm also a bit terrified because I'm a terrible swimmer.)
- 9:00 AM: The bus ride to Semporna. The countryside is beautiful, the traffic, less so. Swallowed a tablet for motion sickness, hoping it helped later.
- 11:00 AM: Semporna! Bright, bustling, and packed with dive shops. The air smells of salt and adventure. (And, let's be honest, a bit of diesel fuel too).
- 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Boat trip to the nearby islands. Snorkeled (badly) in turquoise waters, saw colorful coral reefs and fish. This was fine… until…
- The Turtle Debacle: Heard we might see turtles. Cue major excitement. I pictured myself swimming alongside gentle giants, having a spiritual connection. Except… the water was choppy. I was flailing. And I saw, not one, but THREE, glorious, enormous sea turtles. Then I panicked, swallowed more seawater than I’d like to admit, and basically just thrashed around, not seeing ANYTHING except the inside of my own mask. Then, the boat crew had to assist me, even though the seas were calm! I was mortified, a total turtle-spotting failure. (Tears may have been involved). Later, while sipping water, I saw a turtle swim past. It was beautiful, but my heart sank as my friend and the other guests took pictures of it.
- 5:00 PM: Headed back to Tawau, utterly drained - both physically and emotionally. Got some comforting local snacks.
- 7:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Ordered a huge plate of noodles and… you guessed it, avocado juice. Self-soothing at its finest.
Day 3: Unexpected Adventures and the Power of Kindness
- 9:00 AM: Started the day completely directionless. Wandered the streets, no plan whatsoever. Pure freedom!
- 10:00 AM: Met a friendly local while trying to decipher a street food menu. He helped me order the most delicious roti canai. He was so nice!
- 12:00 PM: Decided to take a local bus to a nearby village. Got incredibly lost. Ended up in some random, charming place with colorful houses and smiling faces.
- 2:00 PM: Found a tiny, local coffee shop. (Yes, another avocado juice). The owner, an elderly woman with the kindest eyes, gifted me some local treats. Genuine connection, not just tourist-y stuff.
- 4:00 PM: Back in Tawau, felt like a new person. Sometimes, the unplanned moments turn out to be the best.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a slightly fancier restaurant (splurged!). Still got avocado juice, though. This time, I didn't even feel guilty.
- 9:00 PM: Watching Malaysian TV. Completely lost in translation, but somehow, understanding everything.
Day 4 - 7: (The Blur of Blissful Chaos)
- Repeat: Breakfast with avocado juice, more wandering, eating all the food. Shopping. Getting lost. Attempting to understand the local language (failing spectacularly).
- Highlights:
- Finding a hidden waterfall. The most beautiful place I have ever seen.
- Accidentally ordering something super spicy. (Worth it!)
- Learning to (badly) haggle at the market.
- Making friends with a street cat (who, surprisingly, liked avocado).
- Doubling down on the avocado juice.
- Lowlights:
- Getting a sunburn.
- Another near-miss with a taxi.
- The ongoing battle with the walrus-like aircon.
Day 8: Departure
- 7:00 AM: Sad. I don't want to leave.
- 8:00 AM: Last avocado juice. Sentimental.
- 9:00 AM: Taxi, airport, goodbye Tawau.
- 12:00 AM: Plane ride. Thinking about coming back to Tawau next year.
Final Thoughts:
Tawau was not what I expected. It wasn't always perfect. There were moments (the turtle incident) I wanted to erase from my memory. But it was REAL. It was raw. It was an adventure I'll never forget. And, I'd do it all again, avocado juice and all, in a heartbeat. Go to Tawau! (And drink the avocado juice!). You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: Rustic Charm in Sant Vicenc de Montalt, Spain
RS HOME Tawau: Your Dream Home... Or Maybe Just a Really Good One? FAQs
Okay, so, what *is* RS HOME Tawau, exactly? And why should I care?
Alright, buckle up. RS HOME Tawau is, you know, a housing development. They're building... houses. Pretty important detail, right? In *Tawau*, which, if you're not from around here, is in Sabah, Malaysia. Why *should* you care? Well, if you're looking for a place to live in Tawau, or invest – and I’m talking about *serious* investment, not just a couple of shares in some dodgy telecom company – then it's worth a gander. Maybe. Honestly, deciding on a place to *live* is like picking a favorite sock. You gotta get a feel for it. Seriously, though, they’ve got houses, maybe a clubhouse? I saw a brochure once... it was blurry, like most of my life decisions.
What kind of houses are we talking about? Are we talking cardboard boxes held together with hope and duct tape?
Okay, okay, relax. From what I’ve gathered (and I’m no expert, mind you – I once set a microwave on fire trying to make popcorn), they seem to be... proper houses. Not the tent-city kind. They have different types, from what I recall. Two-story terraced, probably semi-detached… the usual suspects in the Southeast Asian housing market. I vaguely remember someone saying something about "modern designs." Modern, in the sense of, you know, not mud huts. Let's just say, they probably won't fall down in the first monsoon, which is a good start.
Location, location, location! Where in Tawau are these magnificent dwellings situated? Is it near a smelly swamp?
Ah, the burning question! Location is everything, isn't it? From what I recall, it's… somewhere. Honestly, I'm terrible with directions. Ask my wife; she’s been known to get us lost going *to* the grocery store. I believe it's in a developing area, hopefully, a reasonably accessible area. A better question for their sales team. Check a map! And for the love of all that is holy, Google Earth! Don't rely on *me*! And probably *not* the swamp – though, in Tawau, who can be entirely sure?
What’s the deal with prices? Will I need to sell a kidney? (Asking for a friend…)
Okay, the *money* part. Ah, the sticky wicket! I have no concrete numbers to give you, okay? Seriously, I'm not a financial advisor, I’m a confused civilian. But, and this is purely speculative, based on whispered rumors and the general state of the property market, expect… expect a price tag. And it's a *significant* one. Probably a down payment. Maybe a mortgage. Probably tears at some point. Best to contact their sales team directly to ask them what the prices are. Don't go selling your kidney before you actually find a house, though, alright?
Are there any amenities? Like, do they have a swimming pool? Because a pool is non-negotiable.
Amenities… Yes! They *should* have some. A swimming pool… maybe. A playground… possibly. A clubhouse… I *think* I saw something about a clubhouse, But again, take what I say with a grain of salt… possibly a whole salt lick. A gym? Maybe! Actually, I should probably go find out. I *need* a gym! I need to stop eating so much nasi lemak! *Sigh* Seriously though, check their brochures, their website, whatever! But, a pool is a good sign. It makes the place feel more… respectable. Like, "Hey, we’re not just building houses, we're building a *lifestyle*!" Or at least, that's what the marketing blurb will tell you.
What about the surrounding area? Are there shops? Schools? Hospitals? Or am I going to be living in the middle of nowhere?
Now that's a crucial question. Seriously! Ask about accessibility to *everything*. Remember that time I bought a house? Never asked about the nearest grocery store! A nightmare. Check their website, ask the sales team. Is it near a good school? A decent hospital? Ideally, you don’t want to live in total isolation. (Unless you're into that… then, more power to ya!) Basic necessities are… well, necessary. Think about grocery shopping, your children’s education, medical emergencies. A well-connected area is a good sign.
Okay, I'm interested... How do I get in touch with these RS HOME people?
Ah, you’re hooked, are you? Well, that’s the point, isn’t it? You'll probably want to head to their website or find them at a property fair. Their website is likely the best place to start. Find contact information. Make sure you have all your questions prepared; you can find sales offices or showrooms. Then, start peppering them with questions. Don't be shy! And if they make you feel like you're an idiot for asking, find a different agent. Trust me, I had one try that on me once. It was not a good experience. Make sure you read all the fine print. No, REALLY read it. After all, buying a house is a big decision. Good luck! And may your dream home be less of a financial nightmare than mine was!

