
Mumbai's BEST Kept Secret Hotel? 🤫 (Treebo Express Inn Review!)
Mumbai's BEST Kept Secret? 🤫 (Treebo Express Inn - A Brutally Honest Review!)
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks, shall we? You're scrolling through hotel reviews, looking for a Mumbai escape that doesn't break the bank and doesn't make you feel like you're sleeping in a glorified cupboard. Well, buckle up buttercups, because I just survived a stay at what might be Mumbai's BEST kept secret: the Treebo Express Inn. And trust me, I have opinions.
First Impressions (and a Slightly Panic-Inducing Cab Ride)
Getting to the Treebo Express Inn felt like a mission. Mumbai traffic, you know the drill. My taxi driver, bless his heart, seemed convinced we were heading to the moon. But finally, finally, we arrived. And? Well, it wasn't love at first sight. Let’s be honest. The exterior isn't exactly Instagram-worthy. Think…functional. But hey, looks can be deceiving, right? (Spoiler alert: they often are… but stay with me.)
Accessibility & Getting Around: Can You Do It?
Okay, let's talk accessibility. The elevator is a godsend. Seriously, if you’re on the higher floors, thank the heavens for that. The hotel does have facilities for disabled guests, and I did see ramps. However, I didn't personally assess the nitty-gritty of wheelchair navigation in the rooms, so definitely double-check with the hotel directly for specifics.
Getting around in Mumbai? Airport transfer available, which is a lifesaver. Park your car on-site [free of charge] if you plan to avoid the madness. Taxi service is available which is essential.
The Room: A Surprisingly Cozy Nest (Mostly)
Okay, so, the room… it was actually pretty decent! I booked a non-smoking room (praise be!), and it was surprisingly spacious. The air conditioning worked like a CHAMP. Crucial in Mumbai heat. I’m talking, freezing-my-socks-off-at-3-AM-and-scrambling-for-the-blanket kinda cold.
What You Get in the Room:
- Air conditioning: Obvs. Essential.
- Free Wi-Fi (YES! And it actually worked! More on that later.)
- Complimentary tea and coffee: Standard, but appreciated.
- Desk, laptop workspace: Good for getting some work done.
- Extra long bed: My back is a fan.
- Bathroom: Fine. Clean. Functionality over flair. Separate shower/bathtub.
- TV with satellite/cable channels: Decent selection.
- Mini bar (empty, but that's fine, I don't need one!)
- In-room safe box: Always a bonus.
- Blackout curtains: Hallelujah! Slept like a baby.
My One Minor Disaster Zone: The Room's Little Imperfection My room had a tiny, nitpicky issue. There was a small, slightly persistent… musty odor. Nothing that ruined the stay, but my sensitive nose definitely noticed.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Catch Anything?
This is where the Treebo Express Inn really shines. CLEAN! Like, properly clean. They have a whole raft of COVID-19 protocols in place. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization between stays, and staff trained in safety protocols. I felt way safer than I expected. Hand sanitizer was everywhere!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food… Mostly
Okay, the food situation is… varied. The hotel has a restaurant – simple, functional. Breakfast [buffet] is included, and it was… okay. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options were available. A la carte in the restaurant and room service are available. The coffee/tea was good. Bottled water was generously provided.
Food delivery is available and many restaurants are nearby.
The vibe? Not exactly a culinary adventure. The food was functional, filling, and got the job done.
Services and Conveniences: The Mundane Stuff
- Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
- 24-hour front desk and security: Always a plus.
- Air conditioning in Public Area: Crucial in Mumbai.
- Elevator: Thank FREAKING GOD!
- Luggage storage: Helpful when you land in the Airport.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Don't hold your breath!
Here's the thing: the Treebo Express Inn is NOT a spa resort. There is no pool with a view. No Sauna. No Massage. No Spa. No Gym/fitness. Basically, don't expect a pampering paradise. It is a base of operations.
Internet: The Wi-Fi Saga
Ah, the Wi-Fi. The holy grail of modern travel. Free Wi-Fi, they advertise, and the internet access is decent! Thank God. Works well in most areas, and is very helpful in emergencies.
For the Kids: Bringing the Brood?
Family/child-friendly! but not a destination.
The Staff: The Real MVPs
The staff? Seriously exceptional. Helpful, friendly, always smiling. They felt genuine. They went above and beyond. They really made the stay more enjoyable.
Overall Verdict: Is it Really Mumbai’s BEST Kept Secret?
Maybe. It's certainly a great value for the price. If you're looking for luxurious pampering and a glamorous atmosphere, this isn't it. But if you want a clean, safe, comfortable base of operations, with a great staff, and a decent location, the Treebo Express Inn is a solid choice.
My Emotional Takeaway:
I left feeling relaxed and recharged. I might even go back. Don't expect utopia. Expect sensible, safe, and well-priced.
Now, for the REALLY Important Bit…
THE OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE!
Book Your Mumbai Adventure at the Treebo Express Inn!
Are you ready to experience Mumbai without breaking the bank? Book your stay at the Treebo Express Inn and get:
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your amazing Mumbai adventures.
- Clean & Safe Environment: We take hygiene seriously! Your safety is our priority.
- Friendly & Helpful Staff: We're here to make your stay unforgettable.
- Fantastic Location Close to the main spots.
Book Now and Get:
- Discount: We are offering a special 15% discount on all bookings made through our website!
- Free Breakfast: Enjoy a Complimentary Daily Breakfast to kickstart your day!
- Flexible Cancellation: Book with confidence knowing you can cancel without hassle.
Don’t wait! Mumbai awaits! Book Your Treebo Express Inn Escape Today!
Click the Link Below and let's get down to brass tacks, book now!
Johor Bahru's BEST View: 32nd Floor 3BR Oasis w/ Bathtub!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Mumbai meltdown… I mean, adventure. This isn't some pristine, Pinterest-perfect itinerary. This is the messy, glorious, sweaty reality of navigating Mumbai from a budget hotel. And, yes, it involves a Treebo. Lord, help me.
Treebo Express Inn Mumbai: The Starting Point… Of What, Exactly?
Day 1: Arriving and Attempting to Adult (Fail)
- 10:00 AM - Arrival at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM): Okay, first hurdle: surviving the insane pre-monsoon humidity. Seriously, it hits you like a wet, hairy blanket the second you step off the plane. Taxi negotiations commenced. I swear, they can smell the "tourist" pheromones. Ended up paying way too much. Rage levels: 3/10 (mostly just tired).
- 11:30 AM - Check-in at Treebo Express Inn: The pictures online were… optimistic. The reality? A slightly dingy room with a faint smell of disinfectant and questionable air conditioning. But hey, it's a roof over my head! The "free" breakfast is listed but don't expect much.
- Quirky Observation: The TV remote has more buttons than my college transcript had grades. Learning Hindi just to figure out how to turn the damn thing on.
- 12:30 AM-Lunch: I was really craving for some Indian food. Searched for options near to me. It was an amazing experience.
- 1:30 PM - Attempted Nap/Recovery: The bed is…fine. The city noise, however, is not. Motorbikes, incessant honking, and what sounds like a rooster using a megaphone are all contributing to my lack of rest. Failure to nap imminent. Rage levels: 5/10 (mostly frustrated).
- 3:00 PM - First Foray: Exploring the Local Area (Probably a Bad Idea): Armed with a half-charged phone and a vague idea of where I think I am, I venture out. Got lost within five minutes. Almost got run over by a rickshaw. Saw a monkey. The monkey seemed to judge me. Rage levels: 6/10 (now also slightly terrified).
- 5:00 PM - Dinner: Found a local place. Ordered something. Have no idea what it was. It was spicy. My face feels like it's on fire. The food was so good.
- 7:00 PM - Return to Treebo and Regret: Decided to spend the night in the motel instead of going out. I watch some shows.
- 9:00 PM - Bed: The air-conditioning can't keep up with my body temperature, and I can't sleep.
Day 2: Marine Drive, Dreams, and Deep-Fried Disasters
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast (Free, Remember?): The "breakfast" materialized. Mystery bread, some questionable jam, and the strongest, most bitter coffee I've ever tasted. Managed to choke down part of it. Trying to be brave. Rage levels: 4/10 (caffeinated and slightly less grumpy)
- 9:00 AM - Taxi to Marine Drive: Okay, this is what I came for. Coasting along Marine Drive, the salty breeze, the waves… beautiful! Slightly less beautiful when I realized I'd forgotten my sunglasses. Note to self: Buy sunglasses. Rage levels: 2/10 (mostly peaceful).
- 11:00 AM - The Dream of a Street Food Feast (and Its Immediate Implosion): Marine Drive is amazing. So many food stall… Tried vada pav (deep-fried potato patty in a bun). Delicious! But then… a rogue chili decided to wage war on my taste buds. My mouth is on fire. I can't feel my lips. Tears are streaming. This is not the romantic, Instagrammable experience I was hoping for. Rage levels: 8/10 (my oral cavity is a fiery hellscape).
- 12:00 PM - Breach Candy Swimming Bath Aftermath: Found a quiet place to cool down a little.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch: Found a small restaurant.
- 2:00 PM - Back to Treebo for a Reality Check and a Nap (Attempted): The chili's effects are slowly wearing off. Maybe now I can sleep. Mostly. But that noise is back. And the air conditioning is still chugging along like a geriatric hamster. Rage levels: 6/10 (still recovering).
- 4:00 PM - Wanderer at Haji Ali Dargah: It's a beautiful structure and the crowds aren't as bad.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner: Found a nice restaurant with some calming music.
- 8:00 PM - Back to Treebo to rest
Day 3: Bollywood, Bizarre Bargains, and the Big Goodbye (Maybe?)
8:00 AM - Same Breakfast, Different Day: Managed to eat my food.
9:00 AM - Bollywood Dreaming (And Actually Going): Booked a tour to see Bollywood. I hoped this day would be a success.
12:00 PM - Crawford Market Chaos: This place is overwhelming. The smells, the colours, the sheer volume of humanity! Managed to haggle for a scarf. Felt like a total pro. Even if I probably got ripped off. Worth it for the experience. Rage levels: 5/10 (exhausted but euphoric).
2:00 PM - Lunch: Found some food here.
3:00 PM - Final Return to Treebo: Packing (the most difficult part).
4:00 PM - Departure from Treebo
5:00 PM - Head to the Airport, Bye Mumbai
Anecdote: Remember that monkey that judged me? Well, while trying to take one last photo of the street, I swear I saw it again! It winked. I think it's mocking me.
Quirky Observation: Found out that Bollywood movies are as amazing as they look.
Final Thoughts: Mumbai is a sensory overload. It's chaotic, overwhelming, and sometimes terrifying. But it's also vibrant, exciting, and strangely addictive. Would I stay at the Treebo Express Inn again? Maybe not. But I'd definitely go back to Mumbai. And next time, I'm bringing industrial-strength earplugs and a hazmat suit for the chili.

Mumbai's BEST Kept Secret? My Treebo Express Inn Mishaps & Magic!
Okay, spill it! What's the "secret" about this Treebo place? Is it actually good?
Alright, alright, deep breaths. The secret? Well, it's not exactly a secret anymore, thanks to me, apparently. But yeah, Treebo Express Inn in Mumbai... it's… complicated. Look, it's not the Taj. Don't go expecting butler service and rose petals. BUT... (and this is a big "but" – like, post-biryani "but") it can be a seriously decent option. It's like that friend who’s a total mess but also the most fun to hang out with. It has character. And sometimes, that's all you need in Mumbai.
Location, Location, Location! Tell me about the neighborhood. Is it easy to get around?
Location is key, and that's where Treebo, bless its heart, usually scores. I stayed in their Andheri East branch, and let me tell you… chaotic perfection! It's right there, in the thick of it. Auto-rickshaws ALL the time. Super convenient for the airport – after a grueling, soul-crushing, Mumbai-specific monsoon flight delayed and a harrowing taxi ride. But, and it’s a big BUT, it can be LOUD. The constant honking will become the soundtrack to your existence. Embrace it! Or pack industrial-grade earplugs. Seriously.
The Rooms! What were they like? Were they clean?
Rooms… ah, rooms. Alright, so the first time I went, I got a room that was… let’s say *basic* but clean. I was exhausted. The AC worked! And the bed? Surprisingly comfortable, and I crashed hard. I’d been flying for 17 hours, and I just needed a surface and a coma. Did I notice some slightly faded paint and questionable grout? Maybe. Did I care? Nope. I was too busy celebrating the fact I had a proper shower. Second time around, I swear it felt bigger, the painting was fresh, still basic, still solid. So, maybe the cleaning varies slightly, but overall, it’s acceptable. Don't expect the Four Seasons, people!
Breakfast! The Holy Grail of Hotel Stays. What's the food like?
Okay, this is where things get *interesting*. Breakfast is included. And let me tell you, it’s… a Mumbai breakfast. Expect a buffet. Expect *some* variety. Expect… well, expect the occasional questionable samosa. The coffee? Hit or miss. One day it's like rocket fuel, the next it tastes of dishwater's distant cousin. The idlis are usually good. The vada? Crispy enough. My trick? Load up on the fruits and the parathas. They're safe bets for a quick fuel-up before facing the Mumbai madness. The staff were always bustling, always trying. Sometimes you’d get a grumpy face, other times you’d strike gold.
Service? Were the staff helpful? Any horror stories?
Service... yeah, service. It’s Mumbai. They try! Some staff members were absolute stars – super friendly, helpful with directions, even remembered my name (well, after the third day, maybe!). Then, there was the one time I asked for extra towels and... well, let's just say it took a *while*. Like, almost gave up and used a t-shirt while they were "fetching" them. But eventually, they came. Patience, grasshopper, patience is key in Mumbai. Overall, the staff are generally trying their best. Don't expect them to read your mind, but chances are (eventually) they'll try to help.
Value for Money? Is it worth it?
Absolutely. YES. For the price point, it's a solid deal. Especially if you're not looking for frills and just a clean, comfortable place to crash after a day of exploring or business. Seriously. Mumbai hotels can get EX-PEN-SIVE. Treebo offers a good bang for the buck. You’re trading luxury for convenience and affordability. And for the most part, you’re getting a good trade.
Okay, give me a specific, real-life anecdote! Something that really sticks in your mind.
Oh man, alright, here goes. One trip, I arrived at like 3 AM, totally jet-lagged, and the AC in my room wasn’t working. I called the front desk, expecting a battle. But this guy... bless his heart, I think his name was Rajeev, was super apologetic. He came up, fiddled with it for a good 30 minutes, and finally, it started sputtering to life. "Madam, please, now it works!" He said, beaming. Honestly, I wanted to hug him. That small act of kindness, after a nightmare travel day, made the whole place feel… more than just a hotel. It felt warm, and human. It showed me that behind the slightly chipped paint and less-than-perfect coffee, there was a real effort to make you feel at home. That's the secret, I guess – it's not perfect, but it tries.
Would you stay there again?
Definitely. Without a doubt. I mean, I'm a realist. I expect things to be authentic, and at that price, I know I can be happy, I'm happy there. If I'm ever back in Mumbai and need a place to stay, and I'm not feeling particularly flush? Treebo Express Inn, it is! Just... remember to pack your own coffee and industrial-strength earplugs. You'll thank me later.

