
PUSHE Playa Granada: Motril's BEST Beach & Golf Escape (2023!)
Okay, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into my (hopefully, soon to be your) obsession: PUSHE Playa Granada – Motril's BEST Beach & Golf Escape (2023!). Forget your carefully curated Instagram feeds. I'm talking real talk, the kind where you spill coffee on your shirt while frantically typing, and maybe, just maybe, fall head-over-heels for a hotel.
First Impressions – The Arrival Rumble (and the Good Stuff!)
Getting there? Okay, Granada Airport is your best bet. Airport transfer is available, so thankfully not a problem. (I hate navigating those rental car drop-off zones. Seriously, a nightmare!) But the real magic starts once you pull in. The exterior? Modern, clean lines. The welcome is warm, thankfully using contact-less check-in/out. The first thing that really hit me? The air - pure, salty, unbelievably clean. You know that feeling? Like your lungs are doing a happy dance? Yup, that's PUSHE. Security seemed to be on point. Safety/Security Feature details in the rooms (smoke detectors, etc.) gives me peace of mind.
Rooms: Your Beachside Sanctuary (Mostly!)
We're talking Non-smoking rooms, which is a huge plus (for me, at least!). Getting a room high floor is a good choice. Air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a mini bar - the basics are there. But let’s be honest, I’m a sucker for the little details. And they get those right. The bathrobes are plush. The complimentary tea and coffee maker are a lifesaver in the morning (especially after a few too many mojitos the night before – more on that later). There's even a scale! I could do without that…
My one small gripe? The Internet access – LAN. Seriously? Who needs a LAN cable in 2023? I couldn't figure it out. But the Wi-Fi in all rooms is free, and it worked flawlessly, so, minor inconvenience. The soundproofing really helps! I'm a light sleeper.
Accessibility & Inclusivity: They're Getting It Right! (Mostly!)
Okay, HUGE props to PUSHE on this front. It’s wheelchair accessible. The elevator got me up to my room without any issues. They really seem to have thought about facilities for disabled guests. That matters. I didn't personally need them, but seeing it done well, with genuine care, makes a huge difference.
The Food: A Culinary Rollercoaster (in the Best Way)
Alright, let’s talk food. This is where PUSHE shines. Actually, hold up. Let me tell you about the breakfast. I am a firm believer, and I consider myself a connoisseur, of a good breakfast. They have Breakfast [buffet], so great! Asian breakfast options! This is amazing. Eggs Benedict? Yep. Pancakes? You got it. Real coffee? Absolutely. Breakfast takeaway? Sweet! Did I mention the Coffee shop?! The best part: the Buffet in restaurant is set up in a way that's not the same bland buffet you'll find in a lot of places. There's so much variety!
The restaurants are equally impressive, A la carte in restaurant offers various choices. They have a Vegetarian restaurant! Western cuisine in restaurant. And there's a Poolside bar! Honestly, the only negative is how much money I spent.
Things to Do (and Ways to NOT Do Things)
Okay, this is where things get dangerous. PUSHE tempts you with a never-ending list of fun things.
- The Beach: Duh, it's Playa Granada! Beautiful, clean, lovely.
- The Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning. A Pool with view of the sea is so nice.
- The Spa: Forget the day-to-day stress. The Spa is where it’s at. I had a Body scrub and Body wrap, plus an amazing Massage. My skin (and soul) still thanks me. The Sauna and Steamroom: pure bliss. (Warning: may cause excessive relaxation and a serious case of the "I don't want to leave" blues.)
- The Golf: I confess, I'm not a golfer. But the course? Gorgeous. Truly. My golf-loving companions were in absolute heaven.
- The Fitness Center and Gym/Fitness. For those who like to work out, these are great options.
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids facilities are offered.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Little Things That Matter
This is huge in this new world. PUSHE gets it. They've got the whole COVID-19 thing down. I felt completely safe. Hand sanitizer and mask. They had Daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and even Anti-viral cleaning products. Seeing the staff trained in safety protocol gave me peace of mind (like I said, I'm a worrier!). Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was in place. I wasn't constantly worried.
Services and Conveniences: They Think of Everything!
It’s the little things, right? Air conditioning in public area, concierge, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests. Honestly, they thought of everything. Need to exchange money? Currency exchange. Want to do some laundry? Laundry service.
The Quirks: The Imperfections That Make it Real
No place is perfect. One minor (and I do mean minor) thing… The signage could be a little clearer in some areas. I'm still not entirely sure how I accidentally wandered into the Shrine, but I will say, the unexpected moments are part of the charm of a trip.
My Verdict: Book It. Right Now.
Look, if you're looking for a relaxing beach and golf escape, stop looking. PUSHE Playa Granada is your answer. It's a place where you can truly unwind, where the staff makes you feel like family, and where the food is so good, you'll consider extending your stay (I did…twice!).
The Offer (Because You Deserve It!)
Book your PUSHE Playa Granada Escape NOW and get:
- 15% off your stay
- Complimentary Breakfast for Two
- Free Upgrade to a Room with a View (subject to availability)
- A Free Bottle of Sparkling Wine on Arrival (because, why not?)
- Early Check-in/Late Check-out (based on availability)
- Use the promo code "MOTRILMAGIC" when booking on their website.
Don't wait! This offer is only valid for a limited time. You deserve this. You earned this. Go, escape, and let PUSHE Playa Granada work it's magic. You won’t regret it. (And yes, I'm already planning my return trip.)
Nanas Dorsett's Bukit Bintang Secret: 5-Star KL Luxury for Under RM75?!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your meticulously planned, color-coded itinerary. This is my attempt at a Playa Granada escape… and knowing me, it's going to be an adventure. Prepare for rambling, oversharing, and possibly a meltdown or two over a rogue golf ball. Here goes nothing:
PUSHE Playa Granada Beach & Golf: Operation Sun-Kissed Disaster (aka, Actually Trying to Relax)
Day 1: Arrival & the "Oh God, Did I Pack Enough Sunscreen?" Panic
- 1:00 PM: Land at Malaga Airport (AGP). Okay, first hurdle: navigating the airport. I’m usually the one frantically searching for the "Lost Luggage" counter even before I realize I haven't lost my luggage. This time, SUCCESS! Found my bag. Victory! (Momentarily ignoring the fact that my carry-on is already overflowing with emergency snacks – you never know).
- 2:00 PM: Rental car pickup. Right. Driving on the right side of the road… in Spain… after a delayed flight… with probably a sugar crash looming. Deep breaths. Find the car, the GPS, and pray I don’t end up in a ditch.
- 3:30 PM: Arrive at PUSHE. The place looks lovely. Palm trees, the ocean… Oh my God, the ocean! I haven't seen so much blue water since… well, probably since I last looked at a postcard. Check-in is… efficient. Smile, nod, pretend to understand Spanish. Boom, my room is ready.
- 4:00 PM: Room reveal. Okay, not bad. Balcony, a view… Wait. Is that golf course right outside my window? Ruh-roh. I'm already envisioning myself ducking behind the curtains when a rogue ball comes flying. (Side note: I don’t play golf. At all.)
- 4:30 PM: The real panic sets in: Sunscreen check. Did I pack enough? I think I did. But the fear of a lobster-red tan is real. Commence frantic rummaging through the suitcase, muttering about SPF numbers and forgotten hats.
- 5:00 PM: Beach time! Finally. Slathered in sunscreen (hopefully the right amount), I hit the beach. The sand is hot, the water is… well, it looks inviting. Dip in, and the water feels amazing. Pure bliss. After an hour, the sun feels intense, and I start to feel the tingle of too much sun. Shoulda had that hat.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Paella is on the menu! Order it, it's great! And the wine? Even better. Maybe a little too good.
- 9:00 PM: Stumble happily back to the room. The ocean breeze, the wine… Ah, a perfect day. (Maybe a bit too much sun, though. I'll probably pay for that tomorrow.)
Day 2: The Golf Fiasco (and Me vs. The Sea)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up feeling… red. The sun is a powerful foe. Should have known. Quick application of aloe vera. Breakfast is a blur of pastries.
- 9:00 AM: Golf, golf, golf. Why did I book a golf resort? I’m an utter novice! But, hey, embrace the experience. Rent clubs (which feel comically large), and head to the driving range. I resemble a confused flamingo. Swing. Miss. Swear. Repeat. A LOT.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The golf lesson. My instructor, bless his patient heart, tries to teach me the basics. "Keep your eye on the ball," he says. I can't seem to do that! "Follow through!" I end up looking at the ground. I leave somewhat humiliated, after barely touching the ball. I've never felt more defeated by a small, white sphere.
- 12:30 PM: Beach escape! A much-needed retreat from the golf course. Find a quiet spot in front of the sea. Read a book. Watch the waves. The sea calms me down.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside chiringuito. Grilled seafood and cold beer – the perfect antidote to a golf-induced existential crisis. The food's delicious, the atmosphere is chill, and I can finally breathe.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt another dip in the sea. It's so clear, so blue! But I can't shake golf's sting. I feel the weight of my ineptitude.
- 5:30 PM: Back to the room for a luxurious shower and nap. Gotta recharge for another dinner!
- 7:00 PM: Enjoying another amazing dinner in the hotel, with a gorgeous sunset view. So beautiful. I'm still a bit red from the sun, but feeling pretty good.
Day 3: Exploring & Emotional Overload
- 9:00 AM: After the sun, I decide to hit the historical town of Almuñécar. Driving into the city, I love what I see. Narrow streets, charming buildings, and the scent of fresh bread. Found a cafe.
- 11:00 AM: Visit this charming old castle on the hill. It's gorgeous. I get some amazing pictures. Then, I visit the Roman Aqueduct. The scale of it is truly impressive. Made me feel like an ant.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Tapas! All of it, incredible. Some local wine, a lot of laughs.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the beach. The sun is intense, but I've learned my lesson.
- 4:00 PM: The sea is perfect! The water is salty, cool, and revitalizing. It feels so good. I'm alone with my thoughts, and…
- 4:30 PM: A moment. An unbelievably beautiful moment. As I'm wading in the water, I realize I am genuinely happy. Like, full-on, heart-exploding, happy. A single tear rolls down my cheek. (Don't judge.) I'm just… overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. The sea, the sky, the freedom. Life is pretty okay, I decide.
- 6:00 PM: Walk on the beach, contemplating life and what to do with myself.
- 7:00 PM: A final dinner in the hotel. I'm sad that my trip is ending. Sad that I have to go back to reality. But I think that I'm leaving with a good heart.
Day 4: Departure & "I'll Be Back" (Probably with More Sunscreen)
- 9:00 AM: Early breakfast, and then the dreaded packing ritual. Ugh. Always the worst part. My suitcase is now slightly less full of snacks and slightly more full of dirty clothes. Progress!
- 10:00 AM: Last-minute beach stroll. Soak in the sun, one last time.
- 11:00 AM: Check-out. Efficient, again. The staff is lovely and helpful. Even though I don't speak much Spanish, they are very patient.
- 12:00 PM: Drive to the airport. The flight is delayed. Naturally. A long wait.
- 8:00 PM: Back to reality. Tired. Slightly lobster-hued. But happy.
- Final Verdict: PUSHE Playa Granada? Not bad. The golf? A hilarious and humbling disaster. The beach? Absolutely sublime. The food and wine? Top-notch. I'll be back. Next time, though, I'm bringing an industrial-sized bottle of sunscreen and maybe taking a cooking class.
Post-Trip Reflections:
- Sunscreen Awareness: Must. Use. More. Next time.
- Golf… Maybe Not My Sport: Unless there's a "Swing Like a Clumsy Beginner" competition. I'd probably win.
- Learning to Let Go: I felt happier by embracing my lack of skill and enjoying where I was instead of judging myself.
- Booked a new trip to the coast!
So, there you have it. My imperfect, messy, and utterly human Playa Granada adventure. I hope you enjoyed the ride! Now, excuse me while I go look for the nearest aloe vera… and maybe a little bit of wine.
Sunbury B&B: Johannesburg's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Getaway!)
PUSHE Playa Granada: Motril's Beach & Golf Escape - The REALLY Real FAQs (2023 Edition!)
Okay, so is Playa Granada REALLY the "best" in Motril? I mean, I've seen some beaches…
Alright, look. "Best" is subjective, like arguing over the perfect paella. But, and this is a BIG but, Playa Granada has a serious edge. First off, the sand. It's not that gritty, volcanic stuff you find in some places – it's soft, golden, and perfect for building castles (which, I confess, I still do… much to the amusement of my kids, I'm sure). Secondly, the *vibe*. It's not overrun by hordes of tourists (mostly... except maybe in August, yikes!). It’s got a more relaxed, family-friendly feel. And the sunsets? Forget about it. They're the kind that make you want to spontaneously hug a stranger (I may or may not have done this once… it was the wine, I swear!). However, I'm a bit iffy about the water quality in certain areas, and once I saw a tiny bit of plastic on the beach, which made me furious, so it's not all sunshine and happiness.
The Golf. Is the golf at Playa Granada any good? I'm a bit… particular. And how hard is it? I'm terrible.
Okay, golf. Here's the deal. I'm a total duffer myself, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, or maybe a whole shaker. The course itself LOOKS beautiful. Green, manicured, lovely views… I spent more time admiring the scenery than actually hitting the ball (don't tell my husband, who’s obsessed!). He, on the other hand, raved about it. Apparently, it's challenging but fair. He did complain about the wind on one particular hole (the *infamous* seventh, I think), which, to be fair, did seem a bit… gusty. Beginners need to be prepared to lose a few (or a LOT) of golf balls. Just embrace it! Think of it as an investment in the local wildlife (birds love errant golf balls, apparently). Plus, the club house has pretty decent tapas, which is vital for morale.
What about the hotels? Are they super fancy-pants, or are there more… budget-friendly options?
Okay, let's talk hotels. There's a range. You've got your swanky resorts with infinity pools and all that jazz (which, admittedly, look incredibly tempting from the outside). Think, "I want to feel important and pampered." Then you have your more… *functional* places. Clean, comfortable, maybe not overflowing with marble, but perfectly adequate. My personal recommendation? Check reviews carefully. Some places might LOOK amazing online, but the reality can be… well, let's just say I've stayed in a few hotels that smelled suspiciously of stale seafood. Read the comments! Learn from my mistakes! Also, be prepared for a decent walk if you're staying further away from the beach.
What's there to do BESIDES golf and beach bumming? I get bored easily.
Okay, okay, I get it. Not everyone’s content to doze on the beach. There’s a little more! You can explore the local towns! Motril itself is cool to visit, with some quirky shops, and the older part is worth a wander. If you're feeling adventurous, you can visit the Sierra Nevada mountains - stunning! Drive, hike, enjoy the views. The Alhambra palace in Granada isn't *too* far away, for a day trip (but book your tickets WELL in advance!). Water sports are available, if you’ve got the energy. I got sunburned so badly last time, I just did nothing for 3 days. Whatever you do, don't schedule a packed itinerary; you'll burn out.
Food! Tell me about the food! Must. Have. Food.
YES! Food is important. Do *not* even think about going home without eating a mountain of tapas. Seriously. The seafood is incredible – fresh off the boat (or, at least, it tastes like it). Paella? Get it! Or if you are hungry and can't find it? Just be prepared to be very disappointed when you'd expect a perfectly crafted dish. And if you are lucky, you will stumble into a churros stand and that's also a must. The local restaurants are generally excellent, from tiny family-run places to the more upscale ones. Just be adventurous and try things you’ve never eaten before (and, yes, that includes octopus. Trust me). Don't eat at any of those tourist traps, even when you're ravenous!
Okay, what's the best time to visit? I want perfect weather AND avoid the crowds (if possible).
Ah, the million-dollar question! Aim for late Spring (May/June) or early Autumn (September/October). The weather is generally gorgeous – sunny, warm, but not scorching. The crowds are thinner (although, I swear, word's getting out because it's getting a little busier every year). August? Avoid it like the plague. Unless you *enjoy* being crammed onto a beach with a thousand other people, sweating, and having to fight for a sun lounger. (I once saw a woman try to reserve a lounger at 6 a.m.! I ask you!) The winter is… well, it can be chilly, but the golf course is open! Though really windy.
Is it good for kids? I have two little terrors… I mean, angels.
Yes! Mostly. The beach itself is great for kids, shallow water, sand, and space to run around. The golf course, well, depends on how well-behaved your little angels are! Pack buckets and spades, inflatable toys, and a LOT of sunscreen. There are children's playgrounds dotted about, some of the hotels have kids’ clubs. However, just be prepared to referee the occasional sandcastle building dispute. And the tantrums, let's not forget the tantrums over ice cream. It's all part of the experience. And sometimes, honestly, it's easier to just let them eat the ice cream and be happy.
What's the biggest downside? Be honest!
Alright, the gripes. Things I wish were better. Transport – getting around without a car can be tricky. The prices can be inflated during peak season. And… and this might sound silly… but sometimes, you just miss British shops and all the comforts of home. And mosquitos. They are awful. Don't forget the bug spray.Searchotel

