Haridwar's Royal Retreat: Queen Hotel's Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Haridwar's Royal Retreat: Queen Hotel's Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Haridwar's Royal Retreat: Queen Hotel – My Unfiltered Take (Prepare for the Feels!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm back from Haridwar, and I'm still unpacking the experience at the Royal Retreat: Queen Hotel. Forget those polished travel brochures, this is the real deal, warts and all, and trust me, it's a rollercoaster ride. We're talking luxury, yes, but also… well, let’s just say I’ve seen some things.

First Impressions (and a Little Panic):

Finding the hotel was a bit of an adventure. Haridwar traffic is, shall we say, "lively." Our driver, bless his heart, looked like he'd been through a war by the time we arrived. The hotel itself? Grand. Absolutely grand. Think polished marble, chandeliers that could feed an entire village with their sparkle, and staff who greeted us with smiles so bright, I swear they'd been practicing in front of a mirror all morning. Definitely a "wow" moment. But also, a little bit… intimidating? I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal, you know?

Accessibility (and My Tiny Triumph!):

Now, here's where I have to give the Queen Hotel some serious props. Accessibility is taken seriously. The elevator was a lifesaver after climbing the hills, and ramps were everywhere. The front desk staff was super helpful. (Praise be!)

Rooms – My Sanctuary (and Maybe Yours):

We opted for a room with everything. And I DO mean everything. Air conditioning, thank the gods, because that Haridwar heat is NO JOKE. Free Wi-Fi (thank you, internet!), satellite/cable channels (hello, Netflix binges!), and a minibar that was practically whispering my name. The blackout curtains were a DREAM. I sleep like the dead, and these babies delivered. The bathrobes were fluffy, the slippers were new (that's a huge plus), and the bathtub… well, let's just say I nearly lived in the bathtub. Oh, and the private bathroom, complete with a hairdryer (saved my life!), complimentary toiletries (fancy!), and the best part = the towels that were seriously absorbent.

Now for the small imperfections, because that's where the magic happens! The alarm clock could be a bit aggressive, so be prepared for the surprise. The linens were comfortable, but you could sometimes hear the street noise (it's a busy place!), so those soundproofed rooms are worth considering.

Now, let me rave about the internet. I am a huge internet person, but their Wi-Fi was amazing.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – A Gastronomic Adventure (with a Dash of Humour):

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Royal Retreat! We're talking a feast for the eyes and the stomach! The Asian cuisine was absolutely heavenly. The Breakfast [buffet] was legendary, with options for every palate. I'm not always a fan of Indian food for breakfast, but this was a major exception, really good. The Coffee shop was my happy place. Coffee/tea in restaurant – absolutely, because it was a great place to sit with my laptop and catch up with work. I particularly liked the Poolside bar for early evening drinks. A great way to end the day.

Ok, I must say that room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver, especially after a long day of exploring. The A la carte in restaurant was also good, a tasty soup in restaurant after a chilly evening.

Things to Do (and How to Relax - OMG, RELAX!):

This is where the Royal Retreat really shines. I swear, I think I'll dedicate a whole section to this!

  • The Pool with view: Okay, so the swimming pool [outdoor] and Pool with view are worth the trip alone! This place felt like a little slice of paradise.
  • Spa: Now, the Spa! Oh. MY. GOD. I got a body scrub, a massage (which was pure bliss, and possibly the best thing that's ever happened to me), and just generally felt like a queen. The Sauna, Steamroom, and the Foot bath could have been better.
  • Fitness center: They have a Fitness center for those who have the energy, but honestly, I mostly used it to browse the magazines.

Cleanliness and Safety – Feeling Secure (and Safe):

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: the pandemic. The Royal Retreat takes everything seriously. They clearly care about the guests, which makes a huge difference. There were Anti-viral cleaning products, the staff all had their masks and gloves on all the time, and there was Daily disinfection in common areas. It felt safe, which let me actually relax, which is HUGE. The staff trained in safety protocol were awesome.

The "Must-Knows" (and the Unexpected):

  • Airport transfer: This is a game-changer. Trust me, you'll want them to pick you up.
  • Car park [free of charge] - A huge advantage in the busy city.

For the Kids: The Babysitting (and My Secret Desire):

I don't have kids, but I saw the Babysitting service options, and I have to admit, for a moment, I considered faking a child just to get a taste of the spa.

The "Stuff That Makes a Difference":

  • Concierge: A HUGE help.
  • Hand sanitizer: EVERYWHERE.
  • Doctor/nurse on call: Peace of mind.
  • Cashless payment service: Super convenient.

The Deal (Because You Deserve It!):

Okay, here's the deal, folks:

Book your stay at the Royal Retreat: Queen Hotel in Haridwar within the next month and receive a special offer!

The "Royal Rejuvenation Package" includes:

  • 20% off your room rate.
  • Free breakfast.
  • One free massage per person in the spa!
  • Complimentary airport transfer.

Why You Need to Book NOW:

The Royal Retreat offers a unique blend of luxury, service, and attention to detail. You can unwind, enjoy the amenities, and feel completely taken care of. It's an experience that will stay with you long after you leave.

My Verdict?

Go. Just go. It's a splurge, yes, but it's worth it. It's the perfect way to unwind, explore Haridwar, and feel utterly pampered. Just be prepared to fall in love with the bathtub! And maybe, just maybe, I'll see you in the pool!

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Hotel Awaits in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka

Book Now

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my chaotic Haridwar adventure. This isn't some polished travel brochure, folks. This is the real, unfiltered, probably slightly-caffeinated me, experiencing the glorious and occasionally bewildering, Hotel Queen in Haridwar. My goal? To survive, maybe find enlightenment, and definitely eat ALL the street food.

Day 1: Arrival and the Holy Mess (aka, the Hotel Queen Debut)

  • 10:00 AM: Landed at Dehradun Airport. The pre-trip anxiety finally melted as I breathed in that thick, spicy air. Immediately, I knew this was going to be something different.
  • 11:30 AM: The drive to Haridwar was…an experience. Imagine a roller coaster, but instead of tracks, there are cows. They're everywhere! And the driving style? Let's just say lane discipline is more of a suggestion.
  • 1:00 PM: Arrived at Hotel Queen. Okay, first impressions… it's…functional. The lobby is…a little dim. But the staff are incredibly friendly, so maybe this is just the "charming" pre-renovation vibe. My room? Let's call it "cozy."
  • 2:00 PM: The "cozy" room is actually a little too cozy. There's a persistent hum from the air conditioning that I can't turn off, and the curtains have seen better days. But hey, the bed looks comfy, and there's a tiny balcony that overlooks…wait for it…a bustling street. The chaotic beauty of India begins!
  • 3:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. The paneer butter masala was…actually pretty good! Possibly the best darn paneer butter masala i’ve ever had. I had a moment of pure bliss.
  • 4:00 PM: Attempt to unpack. Fail. My suitcase explodes. Clothes everywhere. This is how it is going to be, isn't it?
  • 5:00 PM: First foray into the madness that is Haridwar. The air is thick with incense and the sounds of devotional music. This is real, guys. I walk along the ghats, watching the devotees offer prayers to the Ganges, but I'm already overwhelmed. I feel both exhilarated and utterly lost.
  • 6:00 PM: Find a street vendor. I try some samosas. My stomach says, "YES!" My brain goes, "Are you SURE about this?" The samosas are amazing, so I ignore my brain.
  • 7:00 PM: Ganga Aarti! I get swept up in the energy. The chanting, the flames, the sheer number of people…it's a beautiful, slightly terrifying, sensory overload. Tears actually welled up in my eyes at one point. (Okay, the smoke might have contributed, but still!)
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. The food is incredible. My stomach has already decided to surrender and I go for it, another amazing meal.
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. The hum is still there. Trying to sleep, but the street noise is relentless. I'm pretty sure a goat just walked past my balcony. This. Is. India.

Day 2: Chasing Spiritual Bliss (And More Glorious Food!)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, still slightly jet-lagged and utterly disoriented. The persistent hum is a new friend.
  • 7:30 AM: Decide to embrace the chaos and have a cup of chai from the street vendor downstairs. It's amazing. And the guy making it? Total pro.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel - again. The food is still good, which is a relief because I'm not sure I'm brave enough to venture too far from the hotel just yet.
  • 9:00 AM: A trek to the Mansa Devi Temple. (You take a cable car up the mountain! It's actually quite terrifying, especially when they announce there might be a delay due to the traffic. A delay? I'm in a tiny metal box, suspended hundreds of feet in the air, where is the traffic? The views are incredible, but I spend the whole ride trying not to look down.)
  • 12:00 PM: I spent a lot of time at the temple, hoping for a glimpse of genuine enlightenment, but it was hard, or maybe I was just not looking in the right places. I did enjoy everyone I met.
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant. The food is even better than the night before. I'm starting to feel a little more acclimated to the heat and the food. I eat everything.
  • 3:00 PM: Explore the bustling market. The smells, the colors, the sheer craziness of it all is a bit much. I stumble upon a spice shop, and I buy way too many things. My suitcase is going to explode, again.
  • 5:00 PM: I go back to the ghats for another prayer session. It's less overwhelming this time, and I can appreciate the devotion. (Okay, and maybe I've become slightly addicted to the sweet, floral smell of incense.)
  • 6:00 PM: I am exhausted and happy, and so hungry.
  • 7:00 PM: I went and found a local sweets shop. I now know what heaven smells like. Each bite is delicious.
  • 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel. The hum is still there. Contemplate asking to switch rooms. Decide to embrace the hum.

Day 3: The (Hopefully) Quieter Day

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, and surprise! The hum is still present.
  • 8:00 AM: Decided on a change of pace. I'm going to visit the Shanti Kunj, the headquarters of the All World Gayatri Pariwar. It is beautiful, or more accurately, quiet.
  • 10:00 AM: Quiet walks and reflective moments. There are beautiful gardens and a library. I found a moment of actual peace, which was a welcome change.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. This time i'm not ordering the usual, and I'm venturing out. I found a small vegetarian restaurant. I will go again.
  • 2:00 PM: More temple visiting. I feel like I am getting into the rhythm of it all, or at least not panicking as much.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore the nearby area
  • 6:00 PM: I was thinking of doing another Ganga Aarti, but I'm just too tired.
  • 7:00 PM: I have a meal at the hotel and I take a long, hot shower. The hum fades away.
  • 8:00 PM: Back to a quiet room. A good book.

…And that's just the start! I'm sure there will be more chaos, more incredible food, and maybe, just maybe, a glimpse of enlightenment. And don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the adventures (and the minor breakdowns). Stay tuned!

Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Okay, spill the tea! Is the Royal Retreat at Queen Hotel *really* as luxurious as it sounds?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup. "Royal Retreat?" Honey, let's just say they aren't kidding. I mean, *seriously* royal. I've stayed in places where the "luxury" felt like they'd raided a slightly-better-than-IKEA warehouse after a particularly bad sale. This? This was different. Think less flimsy, more… *genuine*. My room? MASSIVE. Like, I could've hosted a small yoga class in the bathroom. The linens? So soft, I almost cried. I’m not even kidding – I legit spent ten minutes just *petting* the duvet. It's a real "pinch me, I'm dreaming" kind of experience. Although, there was this *one* slightly awkward moment…

What *specifically* makes it so luxurious? Give me the deets!

Okay, fine, details are important. Let's see… First, the service. Impeccable. Like, *they* anticipated my needs before *I* even knew I had them. Need a fresh towel? Boom. Craving a mango lassi at 3 AM? Somehow, it magically appeared. (Possibly thanks to some seriously impressive nocturnal staff. I'm still suspicious… in a good way!). The rooms, as I said, are glorious. Plush everything. The decor is actually tasteful – a feat in itself when you're talking hotels aiming for "luxury" in India. Then, the food. Oh. My. GOD. The food. I’ll get to that, because I just had a flashback…

Speaking of food… what about the dining options? Worth it?

Worth it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's not just "worth it," it's an *experience*. There's this one restaurant, I think it was called "The Palate," and they had this thali… I still dream of it. Seriously. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of overly spicy food (sensitive tummy, you know?), but the chef managed to balance the flavours perfectly. Each dish was a work of art. They even have a fantastic Italian restaurant, which surprised me. And breakfast? A buffet of heavenly proportions. Warning: You *will* overeat. I did. Multiple times. I’m not even ashamed. Fine, maybe a *little* ashamed. But it was THAT good.

Okay, I'm sold on the food. But what about the location? Good for exploring Haridwar?

The location’s a win! It's close enough to the main ghats and the temples to be convenient, but it's also tucked away enough to be a proper retreat. It's a sanctuary from the chaos, which, let's be honest, is kind of the point of visiting Haridwar. And finding a spot to get away from it all is important. The hotel staff can arrange transport, which is a massive lifesaver because navigating Indian traffic is basically a contact sport. Just, you know, be prepared for… well, let's just say you'll get to know the local drivers intimately.

What about the "Royal Retreat" part? What amenities are included that make it, you know, *royal*? Like, is there a spa? And a pool?

Oh, absolutely! There's a spa. And a pool. And a gym (which I confess, I looked at longingly but never actually used, because… food!). The spa is AMAZING. I had the most heavenly massage. It was like all the stress of my life just melted away. The pool is beautiful, and it's the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing. But here's where I'd also like to offer a little warning: the pool can get crowded at certain times. Like, *really* crowded. So, plan your pool time strategically. Unless, of course, you like bobbing about with a bunch of happy families, then go wild!

Any downsides? Gotta be something, right?

Okay, honesty time. No place is perfect. One slight *minor* complaint (and I'm nitpicking here!): the WiFi, while present, wasn’t always the fastest. Fine for checking emails, not ideal for streaming Netflix. Consider bringing a data card. And, here’s another slightly more subjective issue: the sheer *luxury* of the place can feel a little… overwhelming at first. It’s easy to feel like you don’t quite deserve to be there. I spent the first day constantly worried I was going to spill something on a priceless antique. (I didn't, thankfully).

What's the *one* thing you'll never forget about your stay? Give me a juicy, personal anecdote!

Okay, fine. This is going to be a little embarrassing. I'm going to give you the full story on the “mango lassi incident.” It was around 3 AM, as I said, and I woke up craving that… that *nectar*. I, being a sleep-deprived idiot, wandered out into the hallway, half-asleep, in my pajamas (which I’d been wearing for *days* at that point) and opened my door. There, I was met by a very polite, very handsome hotel staff member holding a tray. He had a mango lassi on it. He bowed. He smiled. He said, in perfect English, "Your mango lassi, madam." I, in my half-asleep stupor, just stammered, took the lassi, and mumbled a "thank you." Then… I closed the door. Right in his face. I felt SO bad the next morning. SO. Embarrassed. But, honestly? That mango lassi was *divine*. I will forever remember that, even if I’ve since vowed to never do that again. And every time I think of that lassi now it gives me a mixture of pure joy and a massive wave of mortification. It's… the perfect summary of the whole experience, really. Utterly memorable, and slightly embarrassing. And totally worth it.

So, final verdict? Is the Queen Hotel's Royal Retreat worth the splurge?

Look, if you're looking for a truly luxurious, unforgettable experience in Haridwar? Absolutely. 100%. Yes. Yes, YES! The service, the food, the ambiance… it's all top-notch. Just… be prepared to feel like royalty, and maybe try to avoid the extreme sleep-deprived interactions. You'll thank me later. Go. Indulge. Spoil yourself. You deserve it. Now if you'Book Hotels Now

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India

Hotel Queen Haridwar India