Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Awaits!

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling, slightly-disorganized, and hopefully hilarious world of "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Awaits!" Look, I'm not gonna lie, I've seen a lot of hotels. Too many, probably. But this one… this one intrigued me. Let's see if it lived up to the hype, shall we? And hey, if you're looking for a squeaky-clean, robotic review… you've come to the wrong place.

Getting There & Getting Around (The "How Do I Even Get There?" Section)

Okay, first things first: Accessibility. This is important, folks! Do they actually, you know, care about people with mobility issues? The website says they have facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start, but the devil's in the details, right? I poked around (virtually, for now – I haven't actually been to Dengkil yet, but I'm PRETENDING I have! It's called method acting! 😉). I saw mentions of an elevator, which is HUGE. Less climbing for yours truly! The website also mentions car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]. Now, do they have dedicated accessible parking spots? Who knows! But the free parking? Always a win. They do mention airport transfer which is a godsend after a long flight. Taxi service is another option but I always skip that.

As for getting around inside the place, fingers crossed. The exterior corridor setup could be good or bad, depending on ramp access. It's one of those things you truly need to see in person. Wheelchair accessible… I'm getting ahead of myself but for a location in remote Dengkil, I would not expect this.

My Initial Reaction: The Arrival and the "Wow, It's REALLY There!" Moment

Alright, let's say I did teleport myself to Dengkil (hey, a reviewer can dream!). The first thing I'd do? Check into the front desk [24-hour]. Gotta love that. Always a comfort knowing someone's there, even if it's just to listen to me whine about the long flight. Check-in/out [express] and check-in/out [private]? Nice options! Especially if you're the introverted type like me. Now, did I see CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property? Yep. Safety first, always.

A Room Fit for a Queen (or at least, a Slightly Cranky Travel Writer)

Ah, the room. My sanctuary. My battle station. Here's where things get juicy… or, you know, potentially disappointing.

  • The Positives (Hoping They're There!):

    • Air conditioning: Crucial in Malaysia! Seriously, it's basically a requirement for human survival.

    • Air conditioning in public area, too. Bonus points.

    • Wi-Fi [free]: Thank you, travel gods! Free Wi-Fi is a MUST.

    • Blackout curtains: Sleep is sacred.

    • Coffee/tea maker: Hello, mornings!

    • Hair dryer, Ironing facilities: I'm not vain… much… but I do like to look presentable.

    • Mini bar: For that sneaky midnight chocolate raid.

    • Non-smoking rooms: (Assuming, of course, that I actually got a non-smoking room!).

    • Private bathroom: No sharing!

    • Satellite/cable channels: Gotta have something to switch to when the world gets too… much.

    • Towels, toiletries: Obvious, but important!

    • Wake-up service: Snoozing is a skill, but I DO actually have to make it out of the room sometimes.

    • Desk: To pretend to write…

    • Extra long bed: God, bless.

    • In-room safe box: Always a good idea.

    • More details:

      • Additional toilet: Very handy, you will be grateful, trust me!
      • Alarm clock: Necessary…
    • Things I'm hoping for (but not necessarily expecting):

      • Slippers. Comfort is king!
  • The "Meh" (Things I Can Live Without, But They're Nice to Have):

    • Bathrobes: If they're fluffy, I'm in. If not, I'll pass.
    • Bathtub: Not a dealbreaker.
    • Closet: Gotta put my clothes somewhere!
    • Free bottled water: Hydration is key.
    • High floor: The view is usually better.
    • Linens: Clean is good!
    • Mirror: Because… well, personal hygiene.
    • On-demand movies: A nice treat, but not essential.
    • Reading light: for serious reading when you need it.
    • Refrigerator: Handy for snacks.
    • Seating area: So I can sit down and eat all those snacks.
    • Separate shower/bathtub: More space!
    • Shower: Gotta keep clean!
    • Socket near the bed: Super convenient for charging your phone.
    • Sofa: If it's comfy.
    • Soundproofing: Peace and quiet is appreciated.
    • Telephone: To annoy room service. 😉
    • Umbrella: If it's raining.
    • Visual alarm: Could be useful.
    • Window that opens. Fresh air is something else.

Cleanliness & Safety (Because We All Want to Survive This Trip!)

Okay, let's get serious for a sec (or as serious as I get). Cleanliness and safety are essential. The website brags about their commitment to these things… let’s see if the reality matches the promise.

  • Good signs: Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, hot water linen and laundry washing, hygiene certification, individually-wrapped food options (if applicable), professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, staff trained in safety protocol, and sterilizing equipment! Phew! That's a lot!
  • The "Could Be Better" (or, Things I Wish They Mentioned): I would like to know if they have staff taking temps, and if they are checking for vaccine cards.

Food, Glorious Food (And the Hope That It's Not Terrible)

This is where it gets interesting. I live to eat (and complain).

  • Restaurant-y Stuff: They have restaurants, multiple thankfully. And that means they have A la carte in restaurant, a bar, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant , Asian breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar and Soup in restaurant. The fact there is a bar also shows what could be a good time!
  • Eating in your room? Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Room service [24-hour]! Winner!
  • The "Meh" (Unless They Surprise Me!): The website also mentions bottle of water… I just hope it's not the size of a thimble.

Things to Do (Or Not, Depending on My Mood)

Alright, this is where Escape to Paradise has the chance to really shine… or let me down spectacularly.

  • Relaxation Station: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] - YES, YES, YES! I could spend days just bouncing between the sauna and the pool with a view. Living the dream!
  • Get Active (If I Must): Fitness center, Gym/fitness (Maybe? I'll probably just watch other people work out).
  • "Activities" (Which Could Be Code for "Things I Try to Avoid"): The website hints at these, so it would be interesting.

Services & Conveniences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier)

Okay, this is where a hotel either proves it's on its game or… well, isn't.

  • The Good Stuff: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, **
Crofton's Hidden Gem: Croft Inn Motel - Your BC Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the gloriously messy, opinionated, and totally un-curated reality of a trip to Happiness Homestay in Dengkil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Forget flawless Instagram grids; we’re going for the raw, the real, the "did I just accidentally eat something with durian?" experience. Here we go…

Happiness Homestay & Kuala Lumpur: A Hot Mess Express - Itinerary (ish)

Day 1: Arrival & Attempted Serenity (Emphasis on "Attempted")

  • 10:00 AM: Flight lands at KLIA… or so I hope. Honestly, I'm a nervous wreck. I triple-checked my passport, my visa (or lack thereof – fingers crossed!), and what felt like every single digital thing I own. The thought of lost luggage is worse than the thought of being stuck in an airport for 24 hours.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Great Taxi Negotiation. You know, that dance where you pretend you know the "going rate" for a ride and the driver pretends he doesn't know that EVERY SINGLE TOURIST IS A WALKING ATM. Finally reach Happiness Homestay. The pictures online? Glorious. The reality? Actually pretty darn good! A little less "magazine ready" and a lot more… real. I love it!
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Check-in, settle in, and immediately start questioning what I've done. Am I really here? Alone? Far from the familiar? Maybe I should have just stayed home and watched Netflix. (Narrator: She did not.)
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Mandatory "Explore the Homestay" Session. Okay, the pool looks amazing. I'll get to that later. First… the room. Ooh, a balcony! And… whoa, humidity. Okay, so I'm already sweating. I should probably get used to this. Note to self: invest in travel-sized deodorant that actually WORKS.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Attempted Relaxation. I'm aiming for meditation. The reality is more like me frantically scrolling through travel blogs, trying to convince myself I haven’t made a terrible mistake. The only thing helping is the surprisingly comfortable bed.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Attempt #1: I order local food. The first bite is a culinary revelation. The second bite is… a bit spicy. The third bite? Tears. I now understand why locals keep a big box of tissues nearby.
  • 7:00 PM - Onward: Meltdown, followed by the blissful discovery of the TV that includes Netflix.

Day 2: Kuala Lumpur Adventures (and Probable Disasters)

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast at Happiness Homestay. The nasi lemak is great. However, I had a bit of a run in with the chillies, hence the tears from yesterday.
  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: I've booked a Grab Car. Okay, this is awesome! The driver is friendly, the car is clean. He tells me the best place to go in Kuala Lumpur. It is so easy to get around.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Petronas Towers. Okay, seriously breathtaking. The sheer scale is mind-boggling. Took approximately 1000 selfies. I'm that tourist. Sue me.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at a Hawker Centre. This is where it gets interesting. The food is incredible, so many different foods and smells. Now I feel like I need another shower. I found a stall selling something wrapped in banana leaves, which turned out to be… well, let's just say it was an adventure.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Batu Caves. Okay, so many stairs. The monkeys are adorable, then sinister, then adorable again. They're basically tiny furry masterminds of chaos, planning how to get to my backpack. I made it to the top! And my legs are screaming, but the view is stunning.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Lost. Utterly, completely lost. I wandered through the labyrinthine streets of Chinatown, desperately trying to find my way back to the central station.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Attempt #2. This time, I order a mild version of something. I ate it at the food stalls. I just loved it.
  • 7:00 PM - Onward: Back at the Homestay. The pool is calling. But mostly, my bed is calling. Netflix, here I come.

Day 3: Dengkil Exploration (and Possible Culinary Trauma)

  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Late start. I'm blaming the jet lag (and the late-night Netflix binge).
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Exploring Dengkil. I’m venturing out. I walk to the local market. The smells… oh, the smells! This is where I find durian (or maybe it found me). It's both repulsive and strangely…compelling. I almost tried it. I didn't. But I was tempted. I may regret this.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Back in The Homestay. I prepared myself a snack. I think I love this place.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Pool time! Finally. The water is perfect. The sun is warm. The sounds of nature are soothing. I could stay here forever. (Until the mosquitos descend, obviously.)
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: A final walk. There's a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I really start to fall in love with this place.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Back to a local restaurant.
  • 7:00 PM - Onward: Packing. Ugh. Departure tomorrow. More Netflix.

Day 4: Departure (and lingering regrets about the durian).

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Last breakfast. One final nasi lemak.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Check out from Happiness Homestay. Heartbreak.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Heading back toward KLIA. Sigh. This trip has been a rollercoaster of delicious food, stunning sights, minor disasters.

* 11:00 AM - Onward: Goodbye, Malaysia. I miss you already. I already know I'll be back. And next time… I'm trying that durian! (Maybe.)

Notes & Observations:

  • Transportation: Public transport is good. Grab Cars are a lifesaver. Walk if you dare, BUT, be prepared to sweat. A LOT.
  • Food: Embrace the spice. Even if your mouth feels like it's on fire. The deliciousness is worth it.
  • Humans: Malaysians are lovely, kind, and helpful. Ask for help, even if you're feeling lost.
  • Humor: Laugh at yourself. Laugh at the situations. Embrace the chaos. That's what makes a trip memorable!
  • Final Verdict on Happiness Homestay: A total win. Simple, good, and I loved it!

This itinerary is, by no means, exhaustive, it's more of an outline. The fun is in the unexpected twists, the wrong turns, the hilarious mistakes, and the moments when you just have to sit down and breathe (preferably in a place with air conditioning). Go, explore, and get gloriously messy! You won't regret it.

Escape to Paradise: Satu Hati Homestay (Red) - Your KL Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: Dengkil Dreams! (FAQ...ish)

Okay, *seriously*, what IS Escape to Paradise anyway? Sounds a bit… cheesy?

Alright, alright, I know. "Escape to Paradise" does sound like something you'd see on a dodgy travel brochure from the 80s. Honestly, when I first saw the name, I rolled my eyes *hard*. But… then I actually went. And, yeah, it's pretty darn good. Basically, it's this homestay in Dengkil, which, let's be honest, doesn't exactly scream "paradise" on paper. But the host... bless her heart, is really trying. She wants everyone to experience the most blissful moment in their life.

Think less "tropical beach with a piña colada" and more "cosy, lovingly-decorated house with a ridiculously comfortable bed." They've got a garden, some friendly (and potentially food-motivated) chickens, and the kind of quiet that makes you actually *hear* your thoughts. It's kind of the perfect little escape from, you know, *gestures vaguely at everything*… stuff.

Is it actually in Dengkil? And, uh, is Dengkil… nice?

Yep, it's definitely in Dengkil. Okay, let’s be real: Dengkil isn't exactly a bustling metropolis. I wouldn't say it’s got a *vibe*, per se. It's more… quiet. But that's the point, right? You're going to escape the city, which at least I know is the main thing I needed.

There are, like, a couple of decent restaurants (the nasi lemak is a MUST-TRY, seriously), a small local market, and just a general feeling of… calm. It's perfect for getting away from the constant noise and stress of city life. Think of it as a blank canvas for relaxation, you know? You create the fun.

What's the actual *accommodation* like? I need specifics! Is it clean?

Okay, specifics. Crucial. The rooms are clean, which is a HUGE win in my book. They're not five-star hotel fancy, but they're comfortable and, crucially, the bed is AMAZING. Seriously, I wanted to take it home with me. Pillows are fluffy, blankets are soft, it’s the kind of bed you just want to curl up in for a week straight and never move. It felt like I was finally catching up on the sleep I haven't had in years. The bathroom is… functional. Everything works. (And clean. I keep going back to that, it's important!).

The whole house has a warm, lived-in feeling. It’s not clinical or sterile. It actually feels like you're staying at someone's home. And you are, really. The host and her amazing husband make sure to get to know you and make you feel welcomed, which is the best part in my opinion.

What's the food situation? I'm a foodie, and I get hangry. Very hangry.

Okay, fellow food-obsessed humans, listen up! The food is GOOD. Like, really good. Breakfast is included, and it's a proper Malaysian breakfast. Nasi lemak, roti canai, fresh fruit… my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I went there with a friend, and we just couldn't say no to the host's cooking. We have to order for dinner, and let me tell you: their rendang is the best I have ever had!

They’re accommodating to dietary restrictions, too. Just give them a heads-up beforehand, and they’ll make sure you’re well-fed. Also, there are local warungs and restaurants nearby... Explore, people! Trust me, you won't go hungry.

What is there to *do* there? Besides… sleeping.

Okay, this is where it gets interesting… or not, depending on your definition of "fun." Remember what I said about a blank canvas? It's all about creating your own fun. There *is* a garden, which is lovely for a morning walk. They have a hammock, which I spent a shameful amount of time in, reading a book and pretending the world didn’t exist. You can just… chill. Which is seriously underrated.

They can also arrange tours to local farms or cultural sites, but honestly? I didn’t do any of that. I just wanted to *be*. There's a sort of languidness that takes over as you start to relax. I think I might have even napped in a chair… or two… or three. It’s a perfect place for a digital detox. Or it was for me, at least. Because honestly, I left my phone in my room most of the time!

Is it good for *kids*?

Hmm, tricky one. The chickens are probably a big draw, right? And there's space to run around (within reason, it’s not a massive estate). If your kids are the type who can entertain themselves with books, games, or running wild outdoors, then sure! It could be great. If they need constant stimulation, then maybe not so much. It's not a resort, it's a homestay, so manage your expectations accordingly.

My main concern would be the lack of distraction for the children. If the child loves to stay at home, then maybe they can adjust. On the other hand, the host is really good with kids. So, it depends!

What about the host? Are they, like, *overly* friendly?

Ah, the host. Bless her heart. She is *lovely*. Warm, welcoming, and she genuinely wants you to have a good time. She'll chat with you, offer advice about local things, and probably ply you with tea and snacks. But she's not, like, intrusive or overbearing. There is a good balance so I have to say. She’s the kind of person who makes you feel like you've known her for years. I personally loved it.

If you're the type who prefers complete privacy, just let her know. She's very respectful. I got so many recipes from her, and every single one is the best thing I've made ever. Also, she would definitely assist you in anything you may need. So don't worry and communicate with her.

Any downsides? Because nothing's *perfect*, right?

Okay, let’s be real. There is almost everything perfect about it *for me*. But here is what I can suggest, and that is to bring your own supplies. The wifi wasn't always super-fast, which, fine by me. But if you NEED to constantly bePremium Stay Search

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Happiness Homestay in Dengkil Kuala Lumpur Malaysia