
Escape to Paradise: Blanket Days Resort & Spa, Periyar's Hidden Gem
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the jungle (metaphorically, unless you really feel like it) and land smack-dab in the middle of Escape to Paradise: Blanket Days Resort & Spa, Periyar's Hidden Gem. Prepare for a review that's less "sterile travel brochure" and more "your slightly unhinged friend recounting their epic vacation."
First, let's get the basics out of the way. This place is in Periyar, which, if you didn't know, is a national park in Kerala, India. Elephants? Check. Tigers (probably hiding)? Check. Lush, green, Insta-worthy landscape? Double check. And, frankly, you'll need a solid escape after staring at a screen all day.
Accessibility: Right, so getting there? The hotel says it's accessible, and they've got facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start. But this is India, and things can be… "interpreted" differently. I'd suggest calling them before you book to clarify what "accessible" actually means to them. Because a "ramp" in India might involve a few loose stones and a prayer. But the hotel's elevator adds hope.
Okay, Now, the Heart of the Matter: The "Escape to Paradise" Part.
The Vibe: Think "rustic luxury." It’s not like a sterile chain hotel. It’s got character. Maybe a little too much at times. Like the time I went to the pool with a view. The "view" was breathtaking – layered jungle foliage, mist hanging in the air, the sounds of birds chirping, and the gentle splash of the swimmers. The pool itself was… well, clean-ish. There were a couple of leaves, the usual. But hey, nature, right? And the view more than made up for it.
And I was having a complete mental breakdown. Not because of the leaves, but because I couldn’t get my phone to connect to the Wi-Fi in public areas. You would not believe the level of chaos that ensues when a travel blogger can’t upload a photo of a gorgeous view. Anyway, after a lengthy, frustrating conversation with a very patient staff member (I’m sure I was charming), I finally managed to get connected.
They have free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Which is a massive win.
But, here's where things get interesting:
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking -- The Food!!
Okay, let's talk about food. This is where I got REALLY into it. I'm a sucker for a good buffet. Their Asian breakfast was a must-try, and the Asian cuisine in the restaurant was delicious. And, thank goodness for the Coffee/tea in restaurant because, honestly, without caffeine, I'm a hazard to society. They got Vegetarian restaurant food, so that's a plus.
The Poolside bar? Picture this: you, lounging by the pool (once you've convinced yourself the leaves are "authentic charm"), cocktail in hand, watching the sun set over the jungle. Pure bliss. The Happy hour was a total lifesaver after a sweaty day exploring. (Important note: the cocktails are strong. Very strong. Pace yourself, kids.)
I have one suggestion: don't skip the desserts. They are worth every calorie.
Ways to Relax (Because, You Know, Escape):
- Spa: Okay, the spa. Let's just say I spent a lot of time here.
- Massage: The massage was divine. I actually fell asleep mid-massage, which, according to the masseuse, is a sign of ultimate relaxation. I'm taking that as a win.
- Sauna & Steamroom: I'm not going to lie, their Sauna and Steamroom are pretty standard.
- Foot bath: Never had one of these, but I was well-impressed after a long trek.
- Body scrub & Wrap: The scrub, the wrap. You'll be amazed.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, Hello, Pandemic?):
Okay, let's talk serious for a second. They're taking COVID-19 seriously, which is reassuring. They tout Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and staff trained in safety protocol. Hand sanitizer is everywhere, and they've got Sanitized kitchen and tableware items and Safe dining setup. Yes, they offer Room sanitization opt-out available which is pretty neat considering that it's not a must, but a choice.
Services and Conveniences (The "Stuff You Need" Section):
They've got all the usual stuff: concierge, daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning. They even have a gift/souvenir shop, which is dangerous for me.
Things to do (Beyond Just Lounging…Maybe):
There's a Fitness center, Gym/fitness.
Room Rundown (aka, The Cozy Nook):
The rooms are quite cute. I stayed in a non-smoking room, and it had air conditioning, a desk and that all-important free Wi-Fi, a coffee/tea maker. The slippers were a nice touch.
Things to know:
- Check-in/out is express, contactless. It works. I was in and out in about two minutes.
- Pets allowed? Nope. So, leave Fido and Mittens at home.
- Getting around: They offer airport transfer, car park and taxi service -- all good.
Now, for the Messy Imperfections:
There are a few…quirks. Like, my room's air conditioning didn't work on the first night. The second night I was woken up at 3 AM by a random noise, but hey, you're in the jungle, so maybe a squirrel got too excited?
There were a few minor glitches like the elevator taking too long. This is India, you get used to it.
Quirky Observation:
The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, even when dealing with a sleep=deprived, hangry travel blogger (that's me!).
Emotional Reaction:
This place is a legit "escape." It's where you can unplug, unwind, and reconnect with…well, yourself. Or watch endless TV on the satellite/cable channels. It's a mix of luxury and a genuine, down-to-earth vibe.
My Opinion:
Go. Just go. Book that flight. Pack your bags. You deserve this.
SEO Time! (Let's Get Those Clicks!)
Keywords: Periyar, India, Kerala, Resort, Spa, Hotel, Jungle, Relaxation, Nature, Escape, Accessible, Family Friendly, Romantic Getaway, Wildlife, Ayurveda, Adventure, Pool, Free Wi-Fi
Crafting an Offer that Sells:
Escape to Paradise: Blanket Days Resort & Spa - Your Authentic Periyar Adventure Awaits!
Tired of the mundane? Craving a real escape? Then pack your bags and prepare for an unforgettable journey to Escape to Paradise: Blanket Days Resort & Spa in Periyar, Kerala! Nestled in the heart of the lush Western Ghat mountains, our resort is more than just a place to stay – it's a portal to a world of tranquility, adventure, and authentic Indian experiences.
Here's why you NEED to book your stay NOW:
- Unwind in Rustic Luxury: Picture this: waking up to breathtaking jungle views, sipping fresh coffee on your private balcony, and then indulging in a soothing massage at our renowned spa. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or a first-time explorer, our resort caters to every need.
- Immerse Yourself in Nature's Embrace: Periyar National Park is at your doorstep! Trek through the vibrant jungle, spot exotic wildlife (elephants! tigers! monkeys! We can't guarantee tigers, but keep your eyes peeled!), and breathe in the crisp, clean mountain air.
- Savor Culinary Delights: Our onsite restaurant features an array of delicious food, from traditional Asian breakfasts to delectable dishes crafted with international flavors. Enjoy poolside cocktails, unwind with a spa treatment, and let us handle the details while you relax.
- Stay Connected (or Disconnect!): Enjoy the convenience of free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, so you can share your incredible experiences with the world (or simply catch up on your favorite shows)!
- Family-Friendly Fun: With kids' facilities, babysitting service and family rooms, we welcome you and your loved ones.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! BOOK YOUR STAY NOW AND RECEIVE:
- A complimentary welcome drink upon arrival
- 10% off spa treatments
- Exclusive access to our secret jungle trail
Don't miss out on this opportunity to experience the magic of Periyar. Escape to Paradise: Blanket Days Resort & Spa is waiting to welcome you!
Ready to Escape?
**Book your stay today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
Move In Now! HUGE 8-Person Cebu Condo (Movenpick MacTan!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your sanitized, Pinterest-perfect itinerary. This is my brain-dump, pre-Periyar, post-research, and definitely-gonna-be-a-bit-of-a-disaster-in-the-making itinerary for Blanket Days Resort & Spa in Periyar, India. Consider yourselves warned.
Project: Periyar, India - Operation "Find My Inner Peace (and Maybe See a Tiger)" - A Traveler's Trauma-Diary
Phase 1: Existential Dread and Pre-Trip Hype (aka, Getting There is Half the Meltdown)
Day 1: Arrival & "Am I Doing the Right Thing?"
- Morning (6:00 AM-ish): Wake up. Cry. Decide I hate packing. Realize I've forgotten my malaria pills. Swear loudly. Pack a bag that probably weighs more than my dog, because obviously I need five different types of sunscreen (even if it's cloudy, which is probably going to be the case).
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Flight to Kochi. Pretend I'm a sophisticated traveler. Fail. Airport food is bland, world is cruel. Try not to think about the potential for extreme humidity turning me into a hot mess.
- Evening (5:00 PM-ish): Land in Kochi. The organized chaos of Indian transport is already giving me hives. Find a transfer to Thekkady (where Blanket Days is nestled). Pray the driver speaks enough English that he doesn't take me to some back alley in a loincloth. (I may have watched too many travel documentaries.)
- Evening (9:00 PM-ish): Arrive at Blanket Days. Hopefully, the resort actually exists and isn't a mirage fueled by travel brochure promises. Hotel check-in. Briefly consider demanding a room with a view of the tiger sanctuary (though, let's be honest, I'll probably just see some monkeys).
- First Impression: Oh, God, the view is actually amazing! But… is that a mosquito? Already? This is going to be a long week…
Day 2: Forest Bathing and Maybe Nearly Drowning (Plot Twist!)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Attempt to wake up early for the promised 'Forest Bathing' experience. Fail miserably. Instead, stumble out of bed, looking like an unkempt zombie. Wander around confused, looking for the breakfast buffet.
- Breakfast (8:00 AM): The buffet! Praise the gods of carbs and curry! Overeat. Vow to start eating healthy tomorrow (yeah, right).
- Morning (10:00 AM): The "Nature Walk". Okay, I'm in the forest. It's pretty… until a bug the size of my thumb lands on my arm. Scream. Run. Realize I'm hopelessly out of shape. Struggle to keep up with the guide, who is clearly some kind of mountain goat disguised as a human. He points out a "rare bird". I see a green blur. I'm pretty sure it's a pigeon.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch. More curry. More joy.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Canoeing in Periyar Lake. This is going to be relaxing. It's going to be serene. It's going to… oh dear God, is that a crocodile?! (Probably not, but my imagination is excellent). Briefly forget how to paddle. Paddle backwards. Nearly capsize the canoe. Flail wildly. Feel like a complete idiot.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Post-canoe trauma. Head back to the resort. Dinner. Stare at the stars, convinced something terrifying is lurking in the shadows because I'm now completely convinced of all manner of peril.
- Emotional Score: Today was an adventure.
Phase 2: Spice, Spa, and Serious Self-Doubt
Day 3: Spice Plantation Tour & That Damn Back Massage
- Morning (9:00 AM): Spice Plantation Tour. Learn about cardamom, pepper, and other things I will absolutely forget by tomorrow. Get harassed by a monkey who steals my sunglasses. Curses!
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Eat a delicious meal.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Spa Day! Massages. Oh, the massages. Start off great. Then the masseuse asks if I have muscle pain. I say yes. She starts pushing. Now I am not just relaxed, I'm screaming internally. Vow to start doing yoga. Immediately forget this vow. Consider moving to a monastery. Decide I like curry too much for that.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Cultural show with traditional dances. I'm mesmerized, mostly because I'm so exhausted from the massage. Try to clap in rhythm. Fail. Consider becoming a recluse.
- Quote of the Day: "Your body is a temple." - Me (right before devouring a second helping of dessert).
- Emotion Score: Some moments great, some moments terrible, but I am definitely in India.
Day 4: The Periyar National Park and the Elusive Tiger (or, the Day I Saw… a Squirrel?)
- Morning (6:00 AM): Rise and shine! (Or at least, attempt to.) Safari time! Don the safari clothes. Feel ridiculous but also slightly cooler.
- Morning (7:00 AM): Periyar National Park. Hike. Hike. Hike. See… a squirrel. And… a bird. And… a lot of trees. The guide assures me we might get a glimpse of a tiger. Doubt it. Begin constructing elaborate imaginary scenarios for what I'll do if I actually face one.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Persist. The trail gets rough; I get grumpy. More trees. The guide seems to enjoy my suffering.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): We don't see a tiger. Or a leopard. Or a bear. Or anything remotely exciting. Debrief with the other members of the trip. Discuss how many steps we took. Wonder if the resort will make us pay extra for the missed tiger.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Drinks at the bar. Vent. Moan. Complain. Resolve to come back and find that tiger another time!
- Post-Safari Evaluation: My legs ache. I'm sunburnt. But, the jungle smells amazing. I might actually be starting to enjoy myself. (Don't tell anyone.)
- Emotional Score: Disappointment with a dash of awe. I can live with that.
Phase 3: Relaxation, Reflection, and the Impending Doom of Returning Home
Day 5: Relaxing Bliss (Or, the Day I Actually Slept!)
- Morning: Sleep in. God, I needed that. Finally.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Yoga Class (or, at least, what claims to be yoga). Realize I'm less flexible than a rusty tin can. Fall over. Laugh. Discover the joy of not taking myself too seriously.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Free time. Read a book. Sit by the pool. Try to identify the various birdsong noises. Realize I am terrible at identifying birdsong noises.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Tea and "snacks". Delightful.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Another delicious dinner. Reflect on the fact that I haven't had a single stomach bug. Score!
- Emotional Score: Pure bliss.
Day 6: Farewell and, "Wait, I Don't Want to Leave?!"
- Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast. Realize I never actually took that picture with the stunning scenic backdrop.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Do just that.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): The dreaded packing process commences. I have far too many souvenirs. Panic sets in.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Start the dreaded leaving process.
- Evening (5:00 PM): Departure. Say a teary farewell to the hotel staff. The driver from a week earlier picks me up and the relief I feel is immense.
- Flight: Finally home. Stare at the screen. What's the plan?
Day 7: Back Home (and Already Planning the Return!)
- Recap:
- I might not have seen a tiger, but the experience was worth it.
- My skin smells faintly of cardamom and sunblock.
- I'm somehow both more relaxed and more stressed than when I arrived.
- Recap:

Okay, spill it: Is Escape to Paradise REALLY a "hidden gem" or just another overpriced resort on Instagram?
Alright, alright, buckle up, because I'm about to get real. "Hidden gem"? Well, it's not *exactly* a secret anymore, is it? The Insta-feed is definitely on point. But here's the truth bomb: it *is* legitimately gorgeous. Coming from someone who judges EVERY. SINGLE. hotel lobby, the views from the infinity pool onto the Periyar Tiger Reserve? Mind-blowing. I mean, I practically lived in that pool. Seriously, my skin resembles a prune now. It's not perfect, though. (Which, honestly, is part of its charm, isn't it?) See, the "hidden" part *used* to be the remoteness. Now, it's mostly the feeling you get right after you've had a glass of wine on that balcony and see that view.
The food! Tell me about the food! I'm a foodie, a total snob, and *hungry*.
Foodie, eh? Alright, I get it. Food is EVERYTHING. Okay, the food at Escape to Paradise… well, it swings. Some days, the Kerala-style curries were absolutely divine. Like, I’m talking “lick-the-bowl-and-ask-for-seconds” good. The appam? Fluffy pillows of heaven. The fish? So fresh, practically jumped onto my plate. Then, there were the other days. Let's just say the buffet's "continental" options were a *tad* underwhelming. The pasta was… well, it wasn't Italian, and the bread was best used for building a small fort. The coffee? Hit or miss. So, the takeaway? Stick to the local specialties. They know what they're doing there. Otherwise, prepare for a gamble. And maybe pack some instant coffee. You know, just in case.
Spa time! Is the spa worth the splurge? I need to unwind.
The spa...ah, the spa. Okay, so I *need* to tell you about this. Before my trip, I was like, "Spa? Nah, I'll be trekking through the jungle!" Then I arrived, and after a bumpy jeep ride and a couple of minor wildlife sightings (nothing too close, thankfully), I was a MESS. I went to the spa. And. It. Was. Glorious. I mean, seriously. I got the Ayurvedic massage, and I'm pretty sure I levitated a little during it. The therapists are incredible. The whole vibe is super zen. Yes, it costs more than a quick massage on the beach in Thailand (or the last one I had at a sketchy mall that cost $30 and had the aroma of lavender and regret), but it's WORTH IT. Consider it a necessary investment in your sanity. Do it. Seriously. Book it now. If you don't, you'll regret it. (Okay, I might be a bit over-enthusiastic. I just… I need it. After what I’ve been through. You'll understand.)
What's the best room to book? I want views!
Views? You want views? Go for the Superior Deluxe Room with a balcony on the top floor. Seriously, fight for it. The higher you go, the better the panorama. I peeked into a few rooms, and from the very top, you could almost *feel* the jungle breathing. (Okay, maybe I was a little tipsy on the balcony again...) The basic rooms are okay, but you're there for the view, right? Do yourself a favor and splurge. The extra space is nice. Plus, a private balcony is essential for late-night reflections on your life choices, and possibly the questionable buffet bread. Trust me on this one.
What's the vibe like? Is it romantic? Family-friendly? Just… *what*?
The vibe? A mix. Romantic? Yeah, definitely. Lots of couples whispering sweet nothings on the aforementioned balconies. Family-friendly? Sure, they have a kids' pool and some activities, but I didn't see a *ton* of screaming toddlers. Mostly, it's a relaxed kind of vibe. Like, wear-your-comfiest-pants-and-forget-what-day-it-is relaxed. There were other solo travelers there, too, just chilling and reading – like me, only I was mostly staring into space, thinking about the fish curry I had for lunch. Did I mention the fish curry? Anyway, it is all about R&R.
Do you think you'll go back?
Oh, absolutely. Despite the occasionally questionable bread and the fact that I spent half my time in a bathrobe. The spa, the views, the monkeys swinging around outside my window at dawn...that’s a memory I'll cherish. And I'm thinking *maybe* I can learn to deal with the continental breakfast next time. Or, more likely, I’ll just eat more dosa. Yep, going back. Probably soon. I've already started saving for that massage...and the fish curry. BRB, I'm grabbing a tissue. It's just so… *beautiful*.
What about the Periyar National Park? I want to see tigers!
Alright, alright, about the tigers... Don't get your hopes up *too* high. I mean, it's a national park, right? You gotta be respectful of the animals, etc. Did I *see* a tiger? Nope. Did I see some elephants? YES! And a LOT of monkeys. And some beautiful birds that I'm pretty sure are called Malabar Whistling Thrushes (or something like that - I am no ornithologist!). The boat ride on Periyar Lake is pretty awesome, even if you don't get to see the big cats. Make sure to bring binoculars and get up early to do it. And, you know, bring some mosquito repellent. The jungle *does* jungle things. I spent a good portion of the boat ride slapping away bugs.
What about getting there? It seems a little out of the way…
Yeah, the journey itself is part of the adventure. You're not exactly popping into a cab from the airport. I flew into Kochi (COK), and it was about a 4-5 hour drive. The roads can be…interesting. Let's just say the driver knew the route *very* well. It was a bit bumpy and you got to see some very unique driving. Pack some motion sickness pills if you're prone. But, honestly, it's worth it. By the time you get there, you'll be in full relaxation mode. Just relax, let the driver do his job, and enjoy the scenery. See some tea plantations, spice gardensStarlight Inns

