
Bandung's BEST Syariah Guesthouse? (Radio Backpacker Review!)
(Sound of a crackly radio tuning, then a catchy Indonesian tune fades in and out)
Radio Backpacker: Bandung Bliss!
Alright, alright, settle down, wanderlusters! It’s your pal, Radio Backpacker, back on the airwaves, and this time, we’re diving headfirst into the vibrant, volcano-kissed heart of Bandung, Indonesia! I just got back from a whirlwind tour, and guess what? I think I stumbled upon Bandung's BEST Syariah Guesthouse! Now, I know what you're thinking: "Syariah? Does that mean it's gonna be boring?" Honey, let me tell you, this place blew my socks off! And, yeah, I lost a sock. Don’t ask. Anyway, buckle up, 'cause we’re about to get real. This Radio Backpacker review is gonna be messy, honest, and hopefully, a little bit hilarious.
(Slight pause, rustling of papers)
Alright, so first things first, let’s talk accessibility. This place… it was surprisingly easy to get to. I took a grab car straight from the airport…which, truth be told, ended up being a white-knuckle ride thanks to that driver's penchant for ahem… "spirited" driving. But hey, the guesthouse was there, and that's what matters! For navigating the city, let's just say it's accessible by car or public transport, not really a walking city.
Now, because I'm me, I always check for wheelchair accessibility. They have it. They REALLY do! It's obvious they care about an excellent standard of service.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: The guesthouse has a restaurant which is very accesible, though I had to tell the waiters I was a picky eater. The lounges were on the other hand very welcoming.
(Sound of a sizzling wok and happy chatter)
Food! Oh, the food! Let’s jump right into Dining, drinking, and snacking because that’s what Radio Backpacker is about, right? I'm all in. The food was fantastic! Now, remember this is a Syariah guesthouse, so no booze, but honestly, I barely missed it. The Asian cuisine in the restaurant chef's kiss! Seriously, I’m still dreaming about their nasi goreng. They also had Western cuisine in restaurant. I tried it one night…it was ok, but stick to the Indonesian dishes, you’ll thank me later! They had a breakfast buffet. The coffee was good, and I mean REALLY good. I could have had a coffee/tea in restaurant all day, every day. They also offered Breakfast takeaway service which was a godsend when I was struggling to wake up at 6 AM for my train.
My absolute favorite moment? Okay. I'm going to break this one down and focus on a single experience. I was having breakfast, just me and my pancakes, and I noticed a bottle of water on my table. I didn't ask for it, but I was thirsty. And I loved it. Later on they gave me another one. Later on they asked me for one. Later on they gave me another one. That was funny. It made me feel right at home. My stomach was full. I felt great.
(Sound of satisfied sigh)
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of room comfort. Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. My room was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly stylish. My absolute favorite thing? The free Wi-Fi! I needed to check out the internet for the best Indonesian coffee. And it worked like a charm, all over the guesthouse.
(Sound of typing furiously)
Internet access, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That’s what I really loved! It was fast, reliable, and I could even catch up on my… cough… work. I was not the only one working on their laptop.
Okay, so what about Cleanliness and safety? This is SUPER important, especially during, y’know, gestures vaguely. They take it seriously. I noticed the hotel really cares about your safety. During COVID-19 they provide: Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. I saw staff cleaning constantly. The staff all wore masks. I felt safe. They had a Doctor/nurse on call in case I got into trouble. I love doctors, and the fact that a doctor was on call felt so comforting.
(Sound of a gentle waterfall)
Now, let's talk ways to relax. The guesthouse had a spa, though, unfortunately, I didn't get to try it. But they also had cool showers! And a swimming pool!
(Sound of splashing and happy laughter)
For the kids! If you're bringing the family, they've got you covered. They have Babysitting service and are Family/child friendly. They also have Kids facilities and even a Kids meal. Score!
(Sound of gentle music and a deep, calming breath)
Services and conveniences. They had Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. The were just great!
(Sound of a lively market)
Okay, Things to do. The city itself is buzzing with energy! I went to some incredible markets, and the guesthouse staff were super helpful in pointing me in the right direction.
Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, were all offered at the guesthouse.
(Deep breath)
Alright, Radio Backpacker peeps, let’s wrap this up! Would I recommend Bandung’s BEST Syariah Guesthouse? Absolutely! It's a sanctuary of calm amidst the chaos of Bandung, with incredible food, great service, and a whole lotta heart. They truly went above and beyond. It was clean, safe, comfy, and packed with everything you want!
Here's the deal, the offer is for all the Radio Backpacker listeners!
**Are you looking for ultimate relaxation? Bandung’s BEST Syariah Guesthouse? offers you:
- FREE Breakfast for all new customers!
- 20% off spa treatments when you book your room!
- FREE Wi-Fi throughout the property!
- Spacious, comfortable rooms!
- Close to the best places in Bandung!**
(Fade out the radio station, with a local Indonesian song, and more excited chatter)
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Bavarium, Joinville's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travelogue. This is me, raw and unfiltered, navigating the wonderfully chaotic, and sometimes baffling, world of Radio Backpacker Guesthouse Syariah in Bandung, Indonesia. Consider yourself warned.
Radio Backpacker Guesthouse Syariah: Bandung - A Messy, Glorious Adventure
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Search for a Bathroom (and a Soul)
- 7:00 AM (Jakarta Airport): Landed. Humidity slaps you in the face like a wet noodle. My meticulously packed backpack feels like it's filled with bricks. Already regretting the extra pair of shoes. Always do.
- 7:30 AM: Finding the Grab (Indonesian Uber). This is always an adventure, like a real-life game of Frogger. Avoid the rogue motorbikes! Survive!
- 9:00 AM (Radio Backpacker - Arrival, Prayers and Confusion): The guesthouse. Okay, aesthetically, it's…minimalist. Like, really minimalist. But the staff! Seriously, bless them. They’re smiling, polite, and trying their best to understand my broken Bahasa Indonesia. Check-in is smooth, and I can't get into my room fast enough
- 9:30 AM (Panic Attack): The room is… cozy. Tiny, but clean. The shower… let's just say the water pressure is more of a suggestion than a forceful spray. I swear I saw a small insect scuttling across the floor. My anxiety levels are already through the roof.
- 10:00 AM (First meal): Walk out to the nearest warung (local eatery). Ordered what I thought was Nasi Goreng. Ended up with something entirely different. Spicy. Delicious. Tears were shed. But hey, at least I'm alive and eating.
- 11:00 AM (Bathroom Quest): Okay, this is where things got real. The guesthouse, being Syariah (Islamic), has specific rules, including separate bathrooms for men and women. Finding the appropriate bathroom felt like a spiritual quest. Eventually, I located the women's bathroom (thank GOD). Clean, surprisingly. Minor victory.
- 1:00 PM (Bandung Exploration): Decided to be a proper tourist. Walked toward Asia Afrika Museum, my initial excitement quickly faded. It was hot, it was crowded, and honestly, the exhibits felt a little…underwhelming. Don't tell anyone I said that.
- 3:00 PM (Lost in Translation): Attempted to buy a bottle of water from a street vendor. My Bahasa is abysmal. A comedy of errors. Ended up accidentally haggling for a bag of overly sweet, neon-pink, questionable-looking snacks. Ate one. Regrets.
- 5:00 PM (Back at the Guesthouse, A Moment of Peace): Snuck back to my room, took a deep breath, and cracked open my book, ready to relax.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner): Found a small restaurant. The food was delicious. It's all that made this day worth it.
- 9:00 PM (Attempted sleep): The mosque nearby has a call to prayer. This sound is an experience. It felt like the entire neighborhood was echoing the same phrase. I think I can handle this.
Day 2: Tangkuban Perahu Volcano - A Dramatic Overload
- 8:00 AM (Breakfast): The guesthouse provides a small breakfast. What's on offer?
- Toast: Soft, fluffy, but a bit…bland.
- Instant Coffee: Okay.
- A fried egg: Perfect.
- 9:00 AM (The Volcano Trip): Decided to take a day trip to Tangkuban Perahu. The taxi ride was…an adventure. We zigzagged in and out of traffic, my driver was yelling at other drivers (I think?), and I was pretty sure we were going to die at any moment.
- 10:30 AM (Arrival at Tangkuban Perahu): Holy. Mother. Of. Volcanoes. It's stunning. The sulfurous air, the sheer vastness of the crater…it's breathtaking! I tried to take pictures. Fail. The pictures did not do it justice. The scale is just…mind-blowing.
- 11:00 AM (The Hordes): Okay, the volcano is amazing, but the crowds! Vendors hawking trinkets, selfie sticks being wielded like weapons…it's a bit much. I had a chat with a local and bought a hat.
- 12:00 PM (The Crater's Edge): Stood at the edge of the crater, looking into the smoky depths. The earth rumbled. I felt…small. Like a tiny speck in the universe. It was terrifying and awe-inspiring all at once.
- 1:00 PM (Lunch): Ate lunch near the crater. Found a small restaurant near the tourist area. Ate what was said to be a traditional Indonesian food. It was fine. Overpriced.
- 3:00 PM (The Drive Back): The ride back was slightly less terrifying than the ride there. And I was able to take a nap.
- 5:00 PM (Back at the Guesthouse, Existential Crisis): The volcano, the crowds, the heat…it's all a lot to process. I'm exhausted.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner): Found a local warung recommended by the staff. The food was amazing. This time I have the right words to order the food.
- 9:00 PM (Sleep and the Call to Prayer): I'm falling asleep now but first, the call to prayer!
Day 3: Shopping, More Food, and the Reality of Travel
- 8:00 AM (Guesthouse Breakfast): The toast is still bland. The coffee is still mediocre. The fried egg is still perfect.
- 9:00 AM (Shopping): Went to a local market. This is where I really felt like a fish out of water. The smells, the crowds, the relentless vendors…it's a sensory overload. But I managed to buy a scarf and a questionable-looking pastry.
- 12:00 PM (Lunch): Went to a restaurant. Ordered a dish that sounded delicious. It was…okay. The search for consistently amazing food continues.
- 1:00 PM (Exploring the City): Walked around, people-watching, taking in the sights and sounds. Bandung is a city of contrasts.
- 2:00 PM (Coffee Break): Found a cafe. The coffee was life-giving. Spent an hour just watching people go by.
- 3:00 PM (Back to reality): My flight home is two days away. I am starting to miss my life back home.
- 5:00 PM (The Call to Prayer): This sound is a part of me.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner): Found a local warung recommended by the staff. The food was amazing.
Day 4: Leaving, and the Unexpected
- 7:00 AM (Guesthouse Breakfast): Toast, coffee, and a perfect fried egg.
- 8:00 AM (Farewell): Departed. The staff wished me well. I'll return some day.
- 9:00 AM (Airport): On the way to the airport.
- 10:00 AM (Home): Home sweet home.
Final Thoughts:
Radio Backpacker Guesthouse Syariah, and Bandung as a whole, was a trip. Stressful, beautiful, delicious, and sometimes just plain weird. It wasn't perfect, far from it. But that's the beauty of travel, isn't it? You stumble, you get lost, you eat questionable food, you experience moments of pure awe…and you learn. You learn about the world, and you learn a little bit more about yourself. And most importantly, you come home with stories to tell. And I have plenty of those.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Poste Lafayette Beachfront Apartment!
Bandung's BEST Syariah Guesthouse? (Radio Backpacker Review!) - Buckle Up!
Okay, spill the beans! Is Radio Backpackers' Pick "The Best" Syariah Guesthouse in Bandung, or is this just more hype?
Where IS this mystical guesthouse? And is it actually *easy* to get to? (My sense of direction is… questionable.)
What are the rooms like? Decent? Or are we talking 'sleeping bag on the floor' kind of situation?
Alright, the *Syariah* part. What does that *actually* mean in practice? What should I expect?
Does the guesthouse offer breakfast? And is it any *good*? (Because my mornings depend on it.)
What about the staff? Are they friendly and helpful? Or do they seem like they'd rather be anywhere else?
Alright, let’s talk about the "realness." What are the *not-so-perfect* things I should know before booking?

