
Shimla's Secret Treehouse Escape: Unbelievable City Views!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Shimla's Secret Treehouse Escape: Unbelievable City Views! and it's gonna be less "polished hotel review" and more "drunken confession after too much chai." Let's GO!
SEO-tastic Title (but let's be real, it's all about the VIBE): Shimla's Secret Treehouse Escape: Views That Make You Forget Your Ex (Almost!) - A Chaotic Review
First off, let’s just get this out of the way: if you're expecting pristine perfection, go find yourself a soulless chain hotel. This place… this place is character. And that, my friends, is a massive win.
Accessibility (or, How Clumsy Are You?)
Alright, so "Accessibility" is listed. I'm gonna be honest, I mostly care about "Can I get my luggage up there after a long bus ride?" Narrator: She did. The website claims facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't actually test it. So, take that with a grain of Himalayan salt. The actual path up is a little… winding. Let's call it “rustic charm.”
The Good Stuff (and the Slightly Less Good):
- On-site Restaurant/Lounge: Multiple, apparently! I spent most of my time at the main one, soaking in the view and strategically avoiding the buffet table (more on that later).
- Wheelchair Accessible: See above. The charm might be a bit of a challenge, I think.
- Internet Access: Oh. My. God. The Internet. Yes, they have internet. Let's celebrate this: Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! AND, for the old-schoolers, Internet [LAN]! Don't worry, Wi-Fi in public areas too. You know, for the Insta-obsessed.
Things to Do (Besides Staring at the View, Which You Will Do. A LOT.)
- Ways to Relax: Okay, this is where things get interesting. Pool with view? Absolutely. (Though the water was a tad chilly.) Spa? Yep. Sauna, Spa/Sauna, Steamroom. They have all the pampering potential. I got a massage, and it was…well, it was fine. Let's just say they weren't licensed masseuses from Bangkok, but it was good enough to melt away the stresses of, you know, life.
- Fitness Center: I saw a gym. I didn't go in. My fitness is the act of hoisting a cup of chai.
- Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Foot Bath: I didn't experience these, so I can't tell you if someone can scrub the awful thoughts right out of my head or not.
Cleanliness and Safety (The Pandemic Edition):
This is important, folks. They're taking it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Basically, they're doing everything they can to keep you from catching… the current thing. I felt safe.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Culinary Journey)
This is where it gets real. Let's talk about the food.
- Restaurants, Bar, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Snack bar: Yes, yes, yes, and yes. The Asian breakfast in the restaurant was okay, but I wasn't wowed. But let's talk about the buffet. I made a beeline for it every single morning.
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Options! Options! OPTIONS! Okay. The buffet was… a buffet. Okay. There was a decent selection, but some of the hot dishes looked like they'd been sitting there since the dinosaurs. That’s my fault. I was there at the tail end of breakfast. But that said, it was fine. They had eggs. I'm not a fussy eater. Happy hour was, well, happy.
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: They had BOTH! I loved this!
Services and Conveniences (The "They Thought of EVERYTHING!" List)
This is a laundry list, so let's keep it brisk.
- Air conditioning in public area: Check.
- Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Luggage storage, Meetings, Safety deposit boxes: Check, check, check. All the usual suspects.
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: All the things in the room! Honestly, the room was nice. It's a little cozy, but nice. The blackout curtains saved my life.
For the Kids (Yes, They Have the Squad) and Couples:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Bring the little ones!
- Couple's room, Proposal spot: They had those too, in case you want to try and be a hopeless romantic.
Getting Around (Because, You Know, You Might Want to Leave Eventually)
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: You're covered, my friend.
The OMG Moment (The View):
Okay, I know I've rambled, but I needed to gush over something and it was the view from the balcony of my room. OMG. Seriously. Unbelievable City Views is not hyperbole. You look out and you see the city spread out below, with the mountains in the distance. The sunrise? Forget about it. It was the best part of my stay. This is what makes this place special. You can totally see why they call it a Secret Escape.
Anecdote Time (Because I Love Sharing):
One evening, I was sitting on the balcony, bundled in my bathrobe, with a bottle of wine (bought at the on-site store, naturally). The sun was setting, painting the sky in these fiery hues. And I… I just sat there, and breathed. It was perfect. A little bit cold, a little bit magical, and a whole lot of "I need this more often."
The Imperfection Factor (Because Let's Be Real):
Look, it's not perfect. The service can be a little slow at times. The restaurant might have a few shortcomings. But that's part of the charm, isn't it? It's not a sterile experience. It's real, it's human, and it's got more heart than a corporate hotel chain.
Quirky Observation:
The "Secret" part? I'm not sure it's that secret anymore. But hey, it's still worth it.
Emotional Reaction:
I loved it. I really, really did. I left feeling relaxed and refreshed. And I’m already plotting my return. (And maybe booking more massages.)
Offer (The "Book Now, You Crazy Fool!")
Escape the Ordinary. Embrace the View. Shimla's Secret Treehouse Awaits!
Tired of the same old boring hotel routine? Crave an experience that's as unique as you are? Then, my friend, you NEED Shimla's Secret Treehouse Escape.
Here's the deal: Book your stay now and receive a complimentary bottle of local wine to enjoy on your balcony (because the view is that good). Plus, we're throwing in a 15% discount on all spa treatments, because you deserve some pampering.
But here’s the real kicker: Book within the next 72 hours and get a free upgrade to a room with a balcony AND breakfast included! Don't be a chump! This deal won't last, and rooms are filling up fast. Click here to book your escape to Shimla's Secret Tree
Luxury Villa Escape: Your Visakhapatnam Paradise Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly curated travelogue. This is my Shimla adventure, at Treehouse by The City Escape, in all its gloriously messy, opinionated, and probably slightly hungover glory. And trust me, there are moments I'm still processing a week later.
Treehouse Tingles & Shimla Shenanigans: A Hot Mess Itinerary
(Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Adjustment… or Lack Thereof)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in Shimla. The drive from the airport… whoa, that was a rollercoaster! Seriously, my stomach is only just starting to forgive the hairpin turns. I swear, the driver was auditioning for a Bollywood stunt double. The scenery, though? Breathtaking. And by breathtaking, I mean it legit took my breath away because… the altitude. I'm pretty sure I'm still slightly lightheaded.
- 2:00 PM: Check in at Treehouse. Okay, so, the view? Unreal. Seriously, postcard-worthy. I snagged a room with a balcony and immediately regretted every single time I’ve opted out of a balcony when booking a hotel room. I'm already picturing myself sipping chai here, wrapped in a blanket, contemplating the meaning of life…or at least what to eat for dinner.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt to explore the hotel. The staff is incredibly friendly, but I swear, finding my room again was like navigating a maze designed by a mischievous gnome. Got utterly lost. Accidentally wandered into the kitchen (delicious smells!), then bumped into a very confused couple in matching hiking gear.
- 4:30 PM: GIVE UP on exploring and order room service: A MASSIVE plate of momos (deep-fried, of course) and a large bottle of Kingfisher. Altitude who? Oh, that feeling of impending doom in my chest is easing as the beer hits.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. They have a fireplace! Cozy vibes all around. Ordered the thali. It was… a lot. I'm pretty sure there were more dishes than guests, and I certainly didn’t sample them all.
- 9:00 PM: Crawl into bed and try to sleep. Spoiler alert: I fail. The combination of altitude, a full belly, and an overactive brain meant I spent the next few hours counting sheep and questioning all my life choices.
(Day 2: The Mall Road Mayhem & Himalayan Hustle)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up in a mild panic. Seriously, is my head still attached? Drink a lot of water.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet is impressive, and I must try everything… even if I regret it later. Scarf down some pancakes, a few pieces of fruit, and a surprisingly delicious aloo paratha. Feeling better.
- 10:00 AM: Venture to Mall Road. Oh. My. God. It's a shopping bonanza! Tourists everywhere, kids chasing balloons, dogs weaving through the crowds… it's sensory overload. I’m already overwhelmed.
- 11:00 AM: The Lakkar Bazaar. A wood carving shop, and a stunning selection of wood carvings. I was there for a couple of hours, chatting with the lovely man who owned the shop, and trying to decide what to buy. The wood carvings are beautiful, but also a hassle to transport… but the prices! Worth it.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a random cafe I stumbled upon. Ordered something chicken and rice. Turns out it was chicken in a creamy, spicy gravy that blew my face off. I spent most of the meal alternately fanning my face and trying not to sweat through my shirt.
- 2:30 PM: A stroll down the Mall Road. So much bustling. I just needed space.
- 3:30 PM: I had to have another walk around the area. The architecture is pretty.
- 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel! The sweet, sweet embrace of my balcony.
- 5:00 PM: Reassess the day, then grab another beer and try to absorb some sunlight.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. Ordered something simple, and went to bed early!
(Day 3: Exploring the Local Area…and Possibly Regretting a Hike)
- 9:00 AM: Wake up feeling…okay. Hydration FTW!
- 10:00 AM: The plan: To explore the hotel grounds and just chill. The Treehouse is secluded, with a beautiful view from the balcony. I spend hours, just chilling.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel.
(Day 4: Departure and the Bitter Sweet Goodbye)
- 9:00 AM: One last breakfast. Sigh. I’m already dreading leaving.
- 10:00 AM: Squeeze out some last-minute views and try to burn the memories into my brain. This place is genuinely special.
- 12:00 PM: Check out of Treehouse. The staff bids me farewell with a genuine warmth, and I depart feeling slightly empty.
- 1:00 PM: Depart for the airport. Another rollercoaster ride, but I'm more prepared this time!
- 3:00 PM: Reflect on the trip while waiting for my flight. A whirlwind of sensory experiences, moments of pure joy, and a few instances where I questioned my sanity. Would I do it again? Absolutely. And I'll probably bring more snacks. Because, altitude.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was… a lot. It was messy, it was imperfect, and it was utterly, gloriously me. Treehouse by The City Escape was the perfect basecamp for this adventure. The hotel was warm and welcoming, a safe haven from the madness of Shimla. I'll be back. Just, next time, maybe I'll book a room with more than one chair. And maybe, maybe, I'll try the momos again. Wish me luck.
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Fern Resort Mae Hong Son
Shimla's Secret Treehouse Escape: FAQ - The Messy Truth You Actually Want
Okay, seriously, is this treehouse *actually* a treehouse? Like, built *IN* a tree?
Alright, alright, let's get real. The "treehouse" part? It's technically a very well-disguised cabin *near* some trees. Think more "romantic mountain chalet with treetop adjacent views" than "Swiss Family Robinson". But listen, and I'm being *honest* here… the views from the balcony? Forget the semantics! They're the kind that make you audibly gasp, even if you're usually a cynical city slicker like me. Trust me, you *will* feel like you're above the world. Just don't expect branches poking through your living room (unless you open *all* the windows, which, hey, might be fun!).
What's the deal with these "unbelievable city views?" Are they *really* that special?
Ugh, the views... let's just say it's why you're *really* paying for the thing. I went during monsoon season. I *was* a little freaked out about the whole mountain weather thing, and *then* BOOM! the clouds cleared and it was like Shimla itself was laid out at my feet, a tapestry of twinkling lights stretching forever. And yeah, some days, you'll be in the clouds! It's a toss-up, a gamble with the Himalayas, but even when it's socked in with fog, there's a *certain* magic. Like, a mystical, "I'm-in-a-secret-lair-of-awesomeness" kind of magic. Honestly? Worth every penny, just for the view alone. Seriously.
Is it hard to get to the treehouse? My legs aren't getting any younger...
Okay, truth bomb time. Yes, you're not going to be zooming up in a taxi. There *is* a bit of a trek involved. Think winding mountain roads, maybe a little bit of a walk unless you arrange something ahead of time. I *definitely* huffed and puffed a bit on the way up, okay? No shame in admitting it! (I blame the altitude, and maybe the extra samosas I ate the day before.) But the views? They are the ultimate bribe. Plus, the sense of accomplishment when you *finally* arrive is pretty sweet. Just pack light, wear sensible shoes, and maybe bring a flask of something... motivational?
What's the food situation? Am I going to starve?
Food. Always a top priority, right? So, the treehouse (ahem, cabin thing) usually has a kitchen. They'll probably offer cooking services, too, and let me tell you this: GET THE LOCAL FOOD. Seriously. That Himachali cuisine, especially the thukpa! Absolutely divine! I spent a whole afternoon just staring out the window and devouring dish after dish and watching the weather unfold! You're not going to starve. But stock up on snacks. Trust me. Midnight cravings can hit *hard* when you're surrounded by those mountains and the only sounds are the wind and... well, your rumbling stomach.
Tell Me About the Romance Factor! I'm trying to impress someone...
Romance? Oh, honey, you've come to the right place! Picture this: Sunset over the city. A cozy fireplace. A balcony where you can whisper sweet nothings... or, you know, just complain about the uphill walk. (That's what I did, admittedly.) The setting is *ridiculously* romantic. I took my wife there on our last anniversary and it was magical. It's the kind of place where you can reconnect and just *be*. Honestly, it's hard *not* to feel lovey-dovey with those views and that quiet. Just pack some candles, maybe a bottle of wine, and... well, you're on your own after that. But the setting is there to help you along!
Is it noisy? I need peace and quiet.
Noise? Well, it's not a five-star hotel, okay? You're tucked away in the mountains. You'll hear the wind, occasionally the distant sounds of life (maybe a dog, maybe a cow...). It's mostly peaceful. But I once heard a group of monkeys. (Don't *worry*, they weren't *in* the treehouse, and they weren't that loud!) But the point is, it is *not* like being in a city hotel. Its all about the silence and some really interesting animal sounds. Prepare, though, for the occasional burst of bird song, which is WAY better than a jackhammer. So, yes, peace and quiet are a definite perk, unless the monkeys are around. Then it just gets interesting.
What if I get bored? Is there anything to *do*?
Bored? In *that* environment? Okay, Look, I understand the city life, but I was not bored. There's the view. The books. The walks (if you're feeling energetic). Exploring the surrounding hills is great. But even if you do nothing *but* stare at the view and drink endless cups of chai (my personal favourite), you won't be bored. It's about *being*. But if you're a "gotta-be-doing-something" type, Shimla town is a short trek away for exploring - if you can take yourself away from the treehouse. And oh yeah. Pack some good headphones. You can also just lie there and *think*. Trust me, it's all good.
Okay, what's the *worst* thing about this "treehouse?" Be honest!
Alright, FINE. Here's the dirty truth. The Wifi *can* be spotty. Because, you know, the *mountains*. And also, the water pressure wasn't always *amazing*. And sometimes, the sudden power cut. But honestly? These are minor inconveniences. And for me, it’s a good excuse to *switch off* for a bit and enjoy the mountains. It's the kind of place where those sorts of issues just... fade away. Okay, Maybe getting to place takes an effort and it may be more luxurious in other locations. But it's the price you pay for that view - and that peace - and that perfect, imperfect escape.

